• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Question regarding Search engine help!

bzboy

Hello

I recently installed Header Tags controller and also SEO URL's...I installed these about 3 weeks ago... I havent recieved any orders since I had these installed (besides from people that already know about the online store)...I just wanted to see if this was common to not get ANY orders for at least a few weeks.... I wasnt sure if the meta tag information should be showing up as of yet on any of the search engines...I wanted to see if this was common for these 2 mods.

Also is there anything else that I should know in regards to the Header tags controller os SEO URL's mods? I just wanted to make sure I have everything covered...Is there any other mods that anyone recommends?

thank you

Hello

I recently installed Header Tags controller and also SEO URL's...I installed these about 3 weeks ago... I havent recieved any orders since I had these installed (besides from people that already know about the online store)...I just wanted to see if this was common to not get ANY orders for at least a few weeks.... I wasnt sure if the meta tag information should be showing up as of yet on any of the search engines...I wanted to see if this was common for these 2 mods.

Also is there anything else that I should know in regards to the Header tags controller os SEO URL's mods? I just wanted to make sure I have everything covered...Is there any other mods that anyone recommends?

thank you

anyone?

anyone?

I can just speak for myself here but I have 2 sites with the header control plugin, the Index one seems to hit google really quick and many other SE following, the other ones in the text control page, as well as the specific category/product ones seem to hit or miss, after having it over 7 months maybe 1/3 or so I can find on google, unless there just really deep into the mix but thats from typing the specific title. I find the TITLE of you header plugin is more important than the keywords...

I can just speak for myself here but I have 2 sites with the header control plugin, the Index one seems to hit google really quick and many other SE following, the other ones in the text control page, as well as the specific category/product ones seem to hit or miss, after having it over 7 months maybe 1/3 or so I can find on google, unless there just really deep into the mix but thats from typing the specific title. I find the TITLE of you header plugin is more important than the keywords...

Thank for the response..

Which options do you have checked on the

Default: HTTA, HTDA, HTKA, HTCA

Allprods: HTTA, HTDA, HTKA, HTCA

Index: HTTA, HTDA, HTKA, HTCA

Also, on the all prods, it is highlighted in RED is that ok? Im just wondering as to why mine isnt showing up yet? it has been almost 3 weeks and its not showing properly?

Hello

thank you

Those contributions will help with your index position and products generally start listing well after a month or two with them installed but that depends on the keyword of the product, how much competition there is for it and how long your site has been active. It the competition is high, you will have to do additional work on the pages to get them indexed better. With those two contributions, you have taken the first step in the SEO process but there are many more. You should read through the posts on the forums that deal with this topic.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

when you say the TITLE of the header plug in what do you mean? are you speaking of the "default" title? or a page that you added? I am still a bit uncertain of how to configure the header tags, im just not getting it....I have entered in all of the keywords and descriptions for all of the products and categories....what am I supposed to do next? am I supposed to add anything to header tags>page control under the "add a new page" section? I havent done anyting with that section yet....please let me know

Im just not getting it...as I said all I have done so far is add keywords and decriptions to each product and category in the store, but I havent done anything yet with the header tags>page control....I dont know where to go from here....if I am supposed to "add pages" how do I configure that? thank you

Im just not getting it...as I said all I have done so far is add keywords and decriptions to each product and category in the store, but I havent done anything yet with the header tags>page control....I dont know where to go from here....if I am supposed to "add pages" how do I configure that? thank you
Page Control is for adding a new page that you want header tags working on. Let's say your site doesn't yet have an About Us page so you add one. It won't work with Header Tags because you have to set that up in Page Control first. Many sites never use this option so I wouldn't worry about it for now.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Page Control is for adding a new page that you want header tags working on. Let's say your site doesn't yet have an About Us page so you add one. It won't work with Header Tags because you have to set that up in Page Control first. Many sites never use this option so I wouldn't worry about it for now.

Jack

great thanks jack....so is there anything else i need to do besides adding keywords/descriptions for products and cetegories? i have done all of the keywords for each product and category. is that all i need to do for now until i add additional pages? also is the "allprods" section supposed to be red? I read on the text control section that if any were in red there was a problem with teh coding in the admin>includes>english>header tags file....but I wasnt sure if the title "allprods" was in red for default...

You should change the title and meta tags for the home page - that is the most important. The All Products section is in red because, most likely, you don't have that contribution installed so the code can't find it.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You should change the title and meta tags for the home page - that is the most important. The All Products section is in red because, most likely, you don't have that contribution installed so the code can't find it.

Jack

Jack thanks....when you say home page, are you referring to HEADER TAGS>TEXT CONTROL>INDEX ? because I have typed in title, description,keywords into this section. Sorry for so many questions, I just need to make sure I have done this correct...I have attached a screenshot....woulD you mind looking at it and letting me knoW if I need to change something...I think I have it now!

tagstextcontrol.jpg

I don't mind answering questions but asking the same one that has been answered more than once is a sure way to get furture posts ignored.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't mind answering questions but asking the same one that has been answered more than once is a sure way to get furture posts ignored.

Jack

Jack I am asking very specific different questions, thats why I started the different threads.....I apprecaite all the help, but when I ask more than one question in a thread only one tends to get answerd, so I figured if I started a thread for each question i had I would hopefully get a better response....

Im the last post I asked what exactly I needed to change on the screenshot, as far as which boxes being checked , and no one answered me yet...

also in youre last response you stated "You should change the title and meta tags for the home page - that is the most important." and I asked you Jack thanks....when you say home page, are you referring to HEADER TAGS>TEXT CONTROL>INDEX"

Jack in a newbie as you can tell and I am just trying to learn oscommerce =) ive spent alot of time on my site and trying to get things running but I just need help with it, thats hwy I ask so many questions

Archived