• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Should taxes be included in product pricing?

spr1nt

Im about to start my first business and Im unsure about how uncle sam works. I live in California where we have %8.25 tax rate. If I bought a product from my distrubuter for say $5 using my resellers permit so that its tax free and Im going to be selling it for $10 to make a $5 dollar profit. Do I need to include the %8.25 tax in that product pricing if I want to achieve the $5 profit? At the end of the year do I have to pay taxes for that product since I didnt have to pay for it at the time I bought it with my resellers permit?

When it comes to taxes and other legal questions it's always best to check with your local tax office or professional. Any advice other than from a professional could be wrong and get you into some hot water.

In short, pay a few dollars for a profesional or a lot of dollars in legal fees.

Installed Contributions: CCGV, Close Popup, Dynamic Meta Tags, Easy Populate, Froogle Data Feeder, Google Position, Infobox Header Entire Row, Live Support for OSC, PayPal Seal with CC images, Report_m Sales, Shop by Price Revised, SQL Updater, Who's Online Enhancement, Footer, GNA EP Assistant and still going.

Archived