• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Short Description of Product - Popup Window

How about in Product Listing there is an info button that you can click where a popup window will appear with a short description of a product? Maybe be able to modify one of the current contributions???

I tried to get this to work, but its way over my head. I'm trying to still learn what everyhting does.

Example:

http://12.241.223.121/idea/index.html

Click on the "I" image button for 'Fire Down Below' (only one that works) and then a JavaScript popup window will appear with a short description of it. This way you can click this, instead of hiting the product, then hitting the back button.

In the Goodies Bags contribution I made a long time ago is a popup window for doing that.

If you stick the code for it in the products_info.php it is readily available for when you want to use it to call up an html file or something.

What I wanted to do is add the code to "products_info.php" so then in the admin section, under Product Listing your able to turn it on/off and then also switch the order.

My little experiment:

//Development JavaScript popup description box

case 'PRODUCT_LIST_INFO':

$lc_align = 'center';

$lc_text = '<a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), . $listing_values['products_id'], 'NONSSL') . '" OnClick='new_window()">' . tep_image_button('button_info.gif'</a> ';

break;

}

The OnClick event was added to show where it *might* be. I have no Idea what I'm doing, just playing with the code. :)

Found it, I'm not looking at the pages...

Thanx!

I REALLY wish we were able to go back and edit our posts. Kinda foolish not to be able too ;(

Archived