• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

PHP not compatible with SSL

DjaieW

I have my website hosted through Yahoo! Small Business and I have my site completely installed with the exception of the SSL not working properly. I have put files in the /catalog/ssl/ folder and when I try to login to my website as a user, I get a 403 Forbidden error. However, if I go to the page directly - I get a Cookies Not Enabled error. Does anyone have any insight in either of these issues? I've called Yahoo! and they said that PHP files are not compatible with SSL and they did not have a solution for me. Should I just transfer web hosting companies? If so, any suggestions? I can post configure.php files if need be....

I have my website hosted through Yahoo! Small Business and I have my site completely installed with the exception of the SSL not working properly. I have put files in the /catalog/ssl/ folder and when I try to login to my website as a user, I get a 403 Forbidden error. However, if I go to the page directly - I get a Cookies Not Enabled error. Does anyone have any insight in either of these issues? I've called Yahoo! and they said that PHP files are not compatible with SSL and they did not have a solution for me. Should I just transfer web hosting companies? If so, any suggestions? I can post configure.php files if need be....

You have an ssl certificate?

Any decent hosting company will install it for you.

Unfortunatly, you can't install an ssl that way...would be much easier...how did you get the ssl certificate without someone or some app generating you a private key first? does yahoo have one of those automated systems for installing and purchasing certificates? The ssl certificate has to be installed into the apache server(web server) and is usually either done through your control panel or by the hosting company techs....but then also one of those has to generate you something in order to get a cert so this is a lil confusing..hehe

Archived