• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

IE not following stylesheet while firefox is, no clue why!

Rachael w.

For some reason my site looks fine in firefox but in IE, the stylesheet is not being used. I dont know where the problem lies. Normally I could debug this myself but for some reason today I just dont see why its doing it (my eyes are buggy I guess) :blink:

If anyone out there in forum land has an idea as to why its doing this I'd really appreciate the help.

I prefer not to post a link, its the-antique-store . com. I'm not having this issue with any of my other sites.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Look at your source html code

<!-- new_products_eof //-->

</td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<table border="0" width="800" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="1" align="center">

<tr class="footer">

You closed out a table cell and then started a new table.

Try adding a </tr> and </table> before you start the new table in your footer.

Thank you for your help.

I tried adding the </tr> and </table> before the first table in the footer and it made no difference.

I have another site which is pretty much a clone of this with different header image and colors and it is displaying fine. I just cant figure out what happened.

The error is in your h1 rule:

h1 {

font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 14px;

color: #26321A;

margin-left: 5px;

margin-right: 5px" 

align="left" 

valign="top"

margin-top: 0; 

margin-bottom: 0;

}

A double quote instead of a semi-colon after margin-right and the align attributes are not valid

h1 {

font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;

font-size: 14px;

color: #26321A;

margin-left: 5px;

margin-right: 5px;

margin-top: 0; 

margin-bottom: 0;

}

You can use text-align and vertical-align but not what you have.

Thank you so much spax that was exactly the issue! (the " rather than a ;)

I looked over every single file and was just about to run a css validator and thought I'd pop in here! I appreciate this so much!

Since this was my own site (and the first osc I created), I didnt take care when creating it like I had others. So, I am coming back to it now to clean it up. Guess I'll be at it for a while!

Nullachtfuffzehn

I do have YSlow for firefox, do you recommend another? I have the view in IE tab too, just failed to use it when I should have I guess!

Thank you to everyone who looked at it.

No problem!

You still have align="left" valign="top", they aren't doing anything so not worth being there. Incidentally, you can declare all your margin and padding values in one go, rather than have an attribute for top, right, bottom and left

margin: 5px 0 5px 0;
padding: 5px 0 5px 0;

Or even

margin: 5px 0;
padding: 5px 0;

Also, I noticed you don't have an opening <body> tag in your index page.

Yeah I understood the smiley code :)

Thanks, I'm gonna have to take a day and go over that site line by line. It really works perfectly, but there are some little things that need fixed in the general code. I really appreciate your help, I will use your suggestions, just dont check up on me , it takes me weeks to get back to the code on this thing!

I only noticed the messed up css in IE because my insurance agent pulled it up on her screen and I couldnt believe how ugly it was. Guess I just popped in to throw that code in and didnt even bother to double check that it was ok in firefox and IE. I neglect my own site, I'm horrible! :)

Have a great evening (day)

Archived