• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Adding new field to display in orders.php and email confirmation

staceyd

Hi,

I need to add a yes/no choice for the customers to make (whether they're members of a certain organization) to be inputted when they create an account and have it sent to the owner of the store after they make a purchase.

Instead of starting from scratch, to add the field, I just used the customer_gender field and changed the language files so they would show "member" instead of "male," etc. Worked pretty good. I believe the my changes made in create_account.php affect the customers table.

BUT, I also want that new info. to show up in the e-mail that goes to the owner. I used the help from here to modify checkout_process.php: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...il+confirmation (I found some typos, so maybe it's something in there?) - I'll post it below, too.

When I check the database, I see gender registered in the customers table ("customers_gender"), but the e-mail is generated from the orders table.

How do I get the gender info. from the customers table over to the e-mail on checkout_process.php?

It does work fine on the customers page in admin, just not the orders page or on the e-mail...

Obviously, I don't know much php or I could handle this myself. I have tried ALL DAY, though!!!

Thanks so much for your help!!

Stacey

The e-mail change so far:

//-old order process e-mail --- tep_mail($order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'], $order->customer['email_address'], EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// send emails to other people
if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {

// WebMakers.com Added: Wholesaler - Include Order # in subject

// Add additional info to top of email

//	tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, nl2br($email_order), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, '');

// WebMakers.com Added: Wholesaler - Modify Email for easier reading.

$email_order= $order->customer['firstname'] . ' ' . $order->customer['lastname'] . "\n" .  "Telephone: " . $order->customer['telephone'] . "\n" .  $order->customer['email_address'] . "\n" .  "R-Calf Member: " .  $order->customer['gender']  . "\n\n" .  $email_order;

tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT . ' #' . $insert_id, nl2br($email_order), STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, '');

}

Archived