• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Order Summaries on a Daily Basis

drum5ormore

Hey,

I was wondering if it is possible to have a bulk admin order notification email sent once a day, rather than each time an individual order is made.

I looked through the forums and couldn't find anything. I'd appreciate any kind of help someone can give me.

Thanks,

Ethan

I was wondering if it is possible to have a bulk admin order notification email sent once a day?

Is it possible?

Yes.

I haven't seen any contribution that does it.

What you'd have to do is change the default osC code to spool the data that it would normally send to you out to a file.

Then, have a CRONTAB job setup (assuming you're on a UNIX server and can setup such things, this is a way to set up a program to run at a specific time every day) that would read the file, dump it into an email, and send it to you.

I did something similar on a religious oriented site I managed a few years ago.

I wrote a PERL program and had it setup to run at a specific time every day.

It opened up the "inbox", read all the mail, sorted out the "SPAM" from the legitimate prayer requests, updated the prayer request page on the website, and also emailed them to everyone that had subscribed to our daily prayer request mailing.

Unless your a PHP programmer so you can "do it yourself", I don't think you'll find anything.

:blush:

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Yeah I know PHP. I can set up a crontab too. I guess I was wondering if anyone knows in what file oscommerce is populating and sending the emails. I suppose then I can just write a script that grabs all the orders for that day, and sends them as a bulk email.

If not I can look for myself.

I suppose I was just trying to see if there was an easier way to do it :).

Archived