• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Prevent spiders / robots from entering items to cart

syscon

When's the last time you updated your spiders.txt file?

I, too, have seen spiders create shopping carts worth thousands of dollars. Totally exciting to begin with, but...a bummer when you realize what's really happening.

Visit this link and replace your current catalog > includes > spiders.txt file with the latest and greatest. New spiders/search engines are being added all the time...and always will be. :)

Stop Spiders From Adding To The Cart

Oops.

While we're at it...login to the Admin side of your website and visit Configuration > Sessions and set Prevent Spider Sessions to True.

All of the spiders that are on your newly updated spiders.txt file will be affected....in a good way. :) They'll still be able to crawl your site...index your pages...they just won't be allowed to fill a shopping cart, amongst other things.

They'll behave themselves and do exactly what they're really there to do, anyway. Index your site in their respective search engines and bring you some buyers.

When's the last time you updated your spiders.txt file?

I, too, have seen spiders create shopping carts worth thousands of dollars. Totally exciting to begin with, but...a bummer when you realize what's really happening.

Visit this link and replace your current catalog > includes > spiders.txt file with the latest and greatest. New spiders/search engines are being added all the time...and always will be. :)

Stop Spiders From Adding To The Cart

I think this is what I've been looking for; thanks for the pointer.

I forgot about this one.

Ps. By the way is there a way to add to the "subject" a word [sOLVED]

This is common way to identify the solved problems on other mailing list and it helps somehow other users.

#Joseph

#Joseph

Archived