• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Item price based on weight

dracotello

Hello Everyone!

I have been searching on this forums, the contributions and google for an answer to my problem.

This is the idea. I want to sell jewellery online. I make the rings, bracelets, earings etc. Im a manufacturer, but ALL my prices are based on the gold's price, this one changes every day.

So lets say i have a Gold Ring, that weights 1.2 grams and lets say the 10k gold gram is valuated at: $12 usd that day. I want to be able to make this small math operation to reflect the price: 1.2 grams x 12 = total price

I need a "special section" on my admin, where i can update this 10k / 14k gold gram value, lets say tomorrow it costs 13usd, so i go to this section and update the value, thus my 10k rings are updated with the new price.

Is there a way to make this work? Is there a contribution that prices can be based on the weight?

ANY help regarding this issue will be GREATLY appriciated. The store im seting up is for my brother, hes the one with the jewellery bussiness, but he doesnt know anything about systems and computers, im the "experienced" guy haha anyway i managed to setup a nice template and we're ready to go xcept for this "small" detail i forgot....

Thank you in advance!!!!

Best Regards,

-Andrew

Should be pretty easy. Just write a piece of code that updates the prices in the database table based on the weight.

Thanx for your reply, but unfortunetly im not a programmer, im more into design, i mean i can manipulate some php but there is no way i can do this on my own. If you know how to do it ill gladly send some money over paypal. i would give you full access to the site so you can code it.

Thanx again!

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Everyone!

I have been searching on this forums, the contributions and google for an answer to my problem.

This is the idea. I want to sell jewellery online. I make the rings, bracelets, earings etc. Im a manufacturer, but ALL my prices are based on the gold's price, this one changes every day.

So lets say i have a Gold Ring, that weights 1.2 grams and lets say the 10k gold gram is valuated at: $12 usd that day. I want to be able to make this small math operation to reflect the price: 1.2 grams x 12 = total price

I need a "special section" on my admin, where i can update this 10k / 14k gold gram value, lets say tomorrow it costs 13usd, so i go to this section and update the value, thus my 10k rings are updated with the new price.

Is there a way to make this work? Is there a contribution that prices can be based on the weight?

ANY help regarding this issue will be GREATLY appriciated. The store im seting up is for my brother, hes the one with the jewellery bussiness, but he doesnt know anything about systems and computers, im the "experienced" guy haha anyway i managed to setup a nice template and we're ready to go xcept for this "small" detail i forgot....

Thank you in advance!!!!

Best Regards,

-Andrew

This might help... will enable you to update prices by percentage... either in a category or product, so if you had all your rings that weigh the same weight in one category you could update all at once by adding a percentage to the price, not tried it yet mind, but is along the lines to somthing similar im doing myself.

Percentage by Category or Product

:D

Hey Claire,

thanks for the answer. But I was talking to dracotelo and we figured out that he wants something very special that can't be solved with an existing contribution. It's about pricing lines, weights and factors. Sounds complicated, but isn't really. When I'm done with it, I'll load it up as a contribution in case someone else has such requirements.

Manfred

This might help... will enable you to update prices by percentage... either in a category or product, so if you had all your rings that weigh the same weight in one category you could update all at once by adding a percentage to the price, not tried it yet mind, but is along the lines to somthing similar im doing myself.

Percentage by Category or Product

:D

Thank you VERY much for your reply and your efforts, but yeah, he is going to code a very special module to fit my brothers complicated specifications =)

Archived