• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Max price limit shipping

marcos61

I would like to ship with a weight/zone module the orders with a total price under a stated total amount and ship for free the other orders (over that amount).

The free module is the easy part (setting a minimum price and a maximum weight) but I really can't find a contribution for a weight/zone shipping module that disable for orders over a stated price (and of course over a maximum weight).

For example an order over $200 and up to 3kg get the free shipping module for a standard postal service while an order below $200 and up to 3 kg get a weight/zone module for the same postal service.

I have no experience with php so I had no success in altering various shipping modules for that purpose but I suppose that a php expert can do it very easy starting with a good weight/zone shipping module. I also suppose this can be done in a single module too but this is even more difficult without a good php knowledge.

Such shipping alternatives can be very useful for any store that want to offer free shipping for larger orders and have small orders shipping based on weight. Anybody can suggest how to alter a weight/zone module this way or can post the code for a single module with both alternatives? I worked a lot on this idea lately but if I miss something obvious I'll be grateful for your advice.