• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

strange no ask for username/password

chrisnasah

Hello,

Just installed OScommerce 2.2 for the first time and noticed to go to my admin is simple as in domain/admin

how comes its not askig me for username and password. Where do i set this option up. Am very new to hosting server files etc etc so please a bit detailed i.e. like an idiots guide will really help.

Thanks in advance.

Go into your hosts control panel and look for a password protection option (or contact your host to locate it).

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Go into your hosts control panel and look for a password protection option (or contact your host to locate it).

Jack

Thanks for the reply. Is that the only protection we can have. I am just comparing this cart with zen-cart too which does have a admin login etc so just thought id ask.

Any suggestions as to what is better zen or oscommerce.

Thanks for the reply. Is that the only protection we can have. I am just comparing this cart with zen-cart too which does have a admin login etc so just thought id ask.

Any suggestions as to what is better zen or oscommerce.

I'm not familiar with how zen cart password protects their admin but using htaccess is an accepted, safe, method. If you don't like that way, there are a few contributions that will allow it to be protected using a different method.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Archived