• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

integrating CRE Loaded

prazim

Hi,

after doing some research, I understand that CRE Loaded includes a component to facilitate people making donations through the shopping cart. What isn't clear is how it integrates with osCommerce, and therefore, why I need it. Is there a built in method for accepting contributions in osCommerce without CRE Loaded? I want to implement the best and longer term solution.

many thanks,

Sue

• 3 weeks later...

I have now completed my research and discovered that actually, CRE Loaded doesn't independently faciliate donationations but does offer significant enhancements over the basic osCommerce implementation, so for those who choose to take their cart tot the next level, it may be worthwhile.

Hi,

after doing some research, I understand that CRE Loaded includes a component to facilitate people making donations through the shopping cart. What isn't clear is how it integrates with osCommerce, and therefore, why I need it. Is there a built in method for accepting contributions in osCommerce without CRE Loaded? I want to implement the best and longer term solution.

many thanks,

Sue

To be clear, since others may read this and misunderstand, CRE is just the oscommerce package with contributions installed. It doesn't offer anything an oscommerce shop can't have, will probably have code in it a shop owner does not want or need and is many cases installing the contributions you do want may prove very difficult to get installed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I am glad Jack responded to this one, since people will misunderstand it.

if you want to know how to really run your store, then build it from the osC framework, then you know what is there, why it is there and be able to debug when something goes wrong.

And it really is rewarding to make something with yer own 2 hands

JMO

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

To be clear, since others may read this and misunderstand, CRE is just the oscommerce package with contributions installed. It doesn't offer anything an oscommerce shop can't have, will probably have code in it a shop owner does not want or need and is many cases installing the contributions you do want may prove very difficult to get installed.

Jack

Jack,

Do I understand this correctly that CRE Loaded does not contain code unique to itself but is simply re-packaging existing modules?

Thanks!

Sue

I am glad Jack responded to this one, since people will misunderstand it.

if you want to know how to really run your store, then build it from the osC framework, then you know what is there, why it is there and be able to debug when something goes wrong.

And it really is rewarding to make something with yer own 2 hands

JMO

Hi, I agree, but wanted the enhanced features of CRE Loaded. I'm waiting to hear back from Jack concerning clarification.

kind regards,

Sue

Jack,

Do I understand this correctly that CRE Loaded does not contain code unique to itself but is simply re-packaging existing modules?

Thanks!

Sue

I don't follow their updates so I suppose someone could have written some code that is only in the CRE code. But other than that, it just uses standard oscommerce contributions. Many won't install directly into a such a shop due to how the BTS contribution they use breaks up the files, but the code is identical.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I don't follow their updates so I suppose someone could have written some code that is only in the CRE code. But other than that, it just uses standard oscommerce contributions. Many won't install directly into a such a shop due to how the BTS contribution they use breaks up the files, but the code is identical.

Jack

Jack,

I thank you so much for this insight. Can you advise then concerning templates which are marketing as CRE Templates? I found one which I like very much. Essentially, will they not work without CRE?

Sue

If it is a template designed to work with CRE, then it will only work for that type of shop, without extensive editing. Most times the template makers will offer the same template for the various types of shops so if that is the only reason going with CRE, you should see if they have one for a standard oscommerce shop instead.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

If it is a template designed to work with CRE, then it will only work for that type of shop, without extensive editing. Most times the template makers will offer the same template for the various types of shops so if that is the only reason going with CRE, you should see if they have one for a standard oscommerce shop instead.

Jack

okie dokie. Again, many thanks Jack.

Archived