• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Report spam in the messenger inbox

djmonkey1

There is currently a spam message in my messenger inbox I'd like to report, but apparently I'm too daft to figure out how to do this. :)

Perhaps it would be advantageous to have a "report" button in the messenger just like there is for posts in the forums?

Or is there one and I'm not seeing it?

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Thanks, the account involved has been banned.

Regarding a "report" button for PM messages -> we're not forum software developers, so it isn't going to happen any time soon :)

Understood. I hope this doen't lead to a flood of spam.

Thanks, the account involved has been banned.

Regarding a "report" button for PM messages -> we're not forum software developers, so it isn't going to happen any time soon :)

*chuckle*

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I too can see the need for some sort of easy 'report' method, as I received a spam pm last night. Looking at the spammers profile (who signed up last night), I would think he spammed others as many other members had been viewing his profile this morning.

Moving on a stage, I came across a rude posting yesterday where the member had only been a member for a short while and noticed they had created a contrib. Thinking thats strange due to the total inexperience of his post. Having looked at the contrib. (his was a follow up post to some one else's good work) it should be removed as they made a mistake in the way they used the contrib. and was not relevant to the contrib or this site.

I too can see the need for some sort of easy 'report' method, as I received a spam pm last night. Looking at the spammers profile (who signed up last night), I would think he spammed others as many other members had been viewing his profile this morning.

Moving on a stage, I came across a rude posting yesterday where the member had only been a member for a short while and noticed they had created a contrib. Thinking thats strange due to the total inexperience of his post. Having looked at the contrib. (his was a follow up post to some one else's good work) it should be removed as they made a mistake in the way they used the contrib. and was not relevant to the contrib or this site.

You're referring to the spam being sent by this user as well as his ridiculous update to Separate Pricing Per Customer entitled "RC1 compatibility" which is also spam.

You're referring to the spam being sent by this user as well as his ridiculous update to Separate Pricing Per Customer entitled "RC1 compatibility" which is also spam.

Not to mention 13 other contributions: Wishlist 2.0, Quick Price Updates, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, Featured Products, Register Globals, All Products Page, osC Affiliate, Purchase Without Account, Basic Template Structure v0.9, Simple Template System (STS), Order Editor, Easy Populate & Products Attributes, and Ultimate SEO URLs.

Not to mention 13 other contributions: Wishlist 2.0, Quick Price Updates, 'On the Fly' Auto Thumbnailer using GD Library, Featured Products, Register Globals, All Products Page, osC Affiliate, Purchase Without Account, Basic Template Structure v0.9, Simple Template System (STS), Order Editor, Easy Populate & Products Attributes, and Ultimate SEO URLs.

I reported this guy on September 7th due to his PM spam as well as his contribution spam. >_<

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Now we need a "report" button for the contributions as well....

Archived