• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Check/Money Order Payment Module

tkgraphics

I've searched for this for a while and haven't found anything on it. I want to add the "Check/Money Order" payment module onto my cart options. I've installed it and have gone in and edited the fields and filled them all out. When I finish and hit "update" it shows me what I've done except it then below "make payable to:" shows;

Send To:

Store Name

Address

Country

Phone

My question is where do you fill in these fields? I cannot find them anywhere? Thanks for the help!

The values for store name, store owner and address to be shipped to are in the Admin side of your site.

Login to Admin and then visit Configuration>My Store.

It should be filling out...when the payment module is installed...your name, address, phone number (if you entered one, I didn't). The information you put in My Store will determine what makes it to your Checks/Money Order module. Here's a screenshot for you. This is what your module should look like:

moneyorders.gif

Darkened out personal info on purpose. But, you get the idea.

The text you see regarding Order paid for via personal check blah, blah, blah (below the address for payments to be mailed to) is text that is created for the customer's order confirmation email when paying via the Checks/Money Order Method.

That text is edited by visiting catalog>includes>languages>english>modules>payment>moneyorder.php

The values for store name, store owner and address to be shipped to are in the Admin side of your site.

Login to Admin and then visit Configuration>My Store.

It should be filling out...when the payment module is installed...your name, address, phone number (if you entered one, I didn't). The information you put in My Store will determine what makes it to your Checks/Money Order module. Here's a screenshot for you. This is what your module should look like:

moneyorders.gif

Darkened out personal info on purpose. But, you get the idea.

The text you see regarding Order paid for via personal check blah, blah, blah (below the address for payments to be mailed to) is text that is created for the customer's order confirmation email when paying via the Checks/Money Order Method.

That text is edited by visiting catalog>includes>languages>english>modules>payment>moneyorder.php

You change both in the same file I pointed at in my last post.

Catalog > Includes > Languages > English > Modules > Payment > Moneyorder.php

To change the title onscreen from Checks/Money Orders to Checks/Money Orders/Cash, find this line at the top of the file:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_TITLE', 'Check/Money Order');

Change it to read like this:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_TITLE', 'Check/Money Order/Cash');

A little ways down, in that same file...to change the email text your customer receives, look for this:

define('MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_TEXT_EMAIL_FOOTER', "Make Payable To: ". MODULE_PAYMENT_MONEYORDER_PAYTO . "\n\nSend To:\n" . STORE_NAME_ADDRESS . "\n\n" . 'Your order will not ship until we receive payment.');
?>

Simply change that line that reads 'Your order will not ship until we receive payment' to read whatever you like. Whatever you place there will appear on your customer's order confirmation email. That same text will then appear in your actual module, too, as I showed up above with the screenshot.

Archived