• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Problems

bekken1

Installation went well including post installation which I followed line by line.....I thought I am up and running but no.

All I see is as per following link: http://www.shoppingfor.co.uk/catalog

Where did I go wrong?

www.shoppingfor.co.uk

either got o your admin page

sitename.com/admin

or go to your index.page sitename . com /catalog/install/index/php

do a search in this forum on the index.php if your default page doesnt operate when going to your domain name

your main index.php resides in a folder called catalog that you have created, but all the links etc on the home page do not point to the catalog folder. so all the image links are pointing to www.shoppingfor.co.uk/images but they actually need to point to www.shoppingfor.co.uk/catalog/images

I guess when you follwed the insatll you told it at some point to create the /catalog folder etc. All the oscommerce documentation refers to the /catalog folder but in reality you just need to install it all to your root www.shoppingfor.co.uk

your main index.php resides in a folder called catalog that you have created, but all the links etc on the home page do not point to the catalog folder. so all the image links are pointing to www.shoppingfor.co.uk/images but they actually need to point to www.shoppingfor.co.uk/catalog/images

I guess when you follwed the insatll you told it at some point to create the /catalog folder etc. All the oscommerce documentation refers to the /catalog folder but in reality you just need to install it all to your root www.shoppingfor.co.uk

Thanks for the advise, it worked!

Archived