• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ebay auction manager for OSCOMMERCE

quicklyshop

Definitely the ' in the description. The DB entity needs to be escaped in the code with another single apostrophe. The best way to accomplish this is to replace all single apostrophes in your string (in the code) with 2 apostrophes before placing it in your SQL.

Where are you talking about? I dont understand which part of which code I should change...

thanks for the help tho!!

pete.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

So what do you all think? Unfortunately, there is no current way to get the e-mail yet. So for the time being you will have to enter it manually. I suggest doing it after the auction ends. My proposed suggestion is to:

I am able to parse the ebay username. I use paypal to send out the email after the auction has ended and the winner could come to auction_finder.php put in their username and when they check out it could populate the email feild in auction_basket? This may be an alternative to the email problem.

I don't really think this would be a security issue because papal only sends the email to the winner with a link to auction_finder.php. Where they could put in their ebay username and check out. Plus the email is not any more secure, any ebay member can get any other ebay members email name address and phone #.

The problem with interbikes error is:

'Gothic 'virginator' tshirt L@@K!!',

looks like your auction listing has ' ' single quotes in it. SQL thinks there are two sets when there should be one. Like,

'Gothic 'virginator' tshirt L@@K!!',

Should be

'Gothic virginator tshirt L@@K!!',

between each pair of single quotes is the value for that row of the table.

Use double quotes instead.

I am working on an alternative to the timer.

I have made a update auction listing button, but this is too much of a manual process for me. It would be nice if this could happed automatically about every 12 hours or so.

It looks like the program phpjobscheduler.v1.0 is exactly what is needed.

I am working on an OSC admin interface for it. The great thing is you can use it for any php script. Just tell it where the file is and when to run it and presto.

Thanks ireader!! I will let you know when it is done.

Another solution from Trigger is to update when winner comes to check out on auction_finder.php. This would be extremely easy to do. You could include the script to run from any page. All you would really need to do is add this line:

require_once("get_auction_info.php");

from the admin side and...

require_once("admin/get_auction_info.php");

From the catalog side..

I will keep plugging away. :D :D

Well that gets a little technical. It is just easier to not put single quotes in your auction title in the first place.

If you want to fix it you would need to put a line like this:

in get_auction_info.php

$seperated = split('[' ']', $Title);

$Title = $seperated[0];

right above this line:

//We need to break apart Start and convert the months to numbers

$seperate = split('[- :]', $Start);

Hope that helps.

Edited by smitty1

Printing postage I would think is a LOW priority...

I am now having a problem with auction_finder.php...I have entered in an email address into the "auction listing" but when I go to checkout I get the following errors

We are unable to find your order. This may be due to following reasons:

1. We have not yet updated our system with your auction information.

2. You are not using the email address that you registered with at eBay.

I am not sure why I get these...is the checkout function broken or is it because I am with MS1?

OK...so I am getting a buttload of errors on checkout with auction_login.php

I had to kill a bunch of lines and somehow I was able to checkout anyways. The errors revolved around the $messagestack lines like

else if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['login']) && ($HTTP_GET_VARS['login'] == 'exists')) {

$messageStack->add('login', TEXT_LOGIN_EXISTS);

}

If I just commented out the set it actually worked but to tell you the truth I prefer to checkout with my regular pages and NOT the auction_checkout_ pages...is that possible? I would also prefer that a user login or create an account to checkout...wouldnt that be simpler to make?

Edited by defender39

Another error if I try to checjout without an account. Why not just make the system use the regular checkout and signup? I am not sure using the checkout_without_account contrib is gonna work so well. The contrib seems to be a mess of hacks thrown together. I am not sure which one I should use for my MS1 thats also compatible with this contrib. Sorry for all the posts but I would like to help test and get this contrib perfect.

1062 - Duplicate entry '1-0' for key 1

insert into address_book (customers_id, entry_firstname, entry_lastname, entry_street_address, entry_postcode, entry_city, entry_country_id, entry_zone_id, entry_state) values ('0', 'Jesse', 'fred', '1 park', '10003', 'New York', '223', '43', '')

[TEP STOP]

Also whats with the weird product mapping thing? That seems totally unexplained and useless at the moment. When I checkout I the product mapped and not the auction as the item. Shouldnt the product map be optional and not standard? You cant edit an auction listing without having to select a product map.

Edited by defender39

The mapping thing is used for the automation side that auctionblox is currently working on.

As for that error, I know that several people had issues with it before. Not sure how it was fixed, I didn't have problems with it. Might want to check back a bit.

Jesse,

The error you are reporting "1062 - Duplicate entry '1-0' for key 1" is fixed in the second version that I uploaded for MS2. If you are using MS1, I haven't uploaded a fix for it at the moment. What version are you using?

The product mapping has absolutely nothing to do with the manual auction creation. I don't know if smitty1 is using it in his piece. Although, I would think that it would be unnecessary. You have to manually set the email address, so you might as well manually set the product at the same time.

To be clear, you do not have to use the product mapping screen for any reason at this point. And, it is not displayed or referenced anywhere in the auction listing screens.

I am using MS1 and today I will see if I can get this setup better and hack it apart for ms1. Seems a bit of a job though and I am not sure I am up to it.

As for product mapping... auctions_listing_items.php has a product mapping pulldown menu...and there seems no way for there to be a null input. Am I wrong about that? How much have you guys actually tested this? I know we are at early dev stages and I am willing to help further test this contrib.

So far I like what I see...

The invoice button is NOT useless...as a matter of fact if it worked then I wouldnt have to use the auction_listing_item.php which adds a product map.

Personally I think the entire product mapping function should be removed. I dont see its value or point.

Edited by defender39

Some ideas and I am sorry if I post a whole bunch today but for the next couple hours I am gonna put my head into this project.

First...have a default setting for "My Auctions" for shipping, tax, and insurance. They are currently default zero with no way in admin to change the default setting. Easy add in.

I am not sure how anyone has this working.

auction_order_info_process.php has some problems...

looking at the duplicate entry error you see that it has a customer_id of '0' and it just seems to go nuts. Not sure how to get it to make a customer_id. I really want you guys to rethink using the PWA contrib for this because I dont know why ANYONE would take an order without saving an account. OK...lets say someone doesnt want to "create an account" you still need the same information saved in your database so whats the point? I am someone finds a use for it but its not important to the auction-manager-checkout project we have going on here. Also relying on another contrib seems like poor idea from get go. It has bugs in it by itself with multiple versions.

Hope I got my point across..let me go spend another hour looking at the code and see what I come up with. I did get PWA working on my site but I wont activate it for customers. However I am still getting the duplicate entry error.

Auction_order_info_process was ripped off of PWA Order_Info_Process. I have TOTALLY re-implemented it for MS2. If you're going to look at it, then you might want to look at that version. It has been refactored and is a lot easier to read.

If you read the MS2 instructions, I give justification for using PWA. First, it is not purchasing without an account. I hate that too! It is purchasing with a silent account. (The account information stays around after the user checks out.) I have even added a way for the user of a silent account to come back and view their order history using their email address.

If you look further back in this thread, you will see discussion of why the auction catalog pages are separate rather than integrated into the store, and also how/why the product mapping is useful (inventory control).

I do not wish to re-iterate that. You might want to search for "auction" in the contributions section since there appears to be 2 or 3 threads on this.

dude...I am an idiot...

I didnt notice there was an MS1 install.

AGH!

Ok now I have to deal with the product mapping issue because after I checkout it adds whatever product thats mapped to the sale. It needs to be an option in MY AUCTIONS admin to shut it off...

jesse, it's okay, it's a Friday, my brain shut off at Midnight on Thursday.

auctionblox, did you get my last email with the Buy It Now screens? I sent it Wednesday I believe.

Well that gets a little technical. It is just easier to not put single quotes in your auction title in the first place.

If you want to fix it you would need to put a line like this:

in get_auction_info.php

$seperated = split('[' ']', $Title);

$Title = $seperated[0];

right above this line:

//We need to break apart Start and convert the months to numbers

$seperate = split('[- :]', $Start);

Hope that helps.

Actually I think I found something that works better

$Title = str_replace("'" , "" , $Title); //this gets rid of ' (single quote)

$Title = str_replace("." , "" , $Title); //this gets rif of . (period)

you could realistically add anything you want to get rid of if it kills a parse...also add these lines to the same area thats referenced in the quote.

I think I found a bug...

in my testing I emptied the auction_basket table and when I did an auction_update the info was populated into the tables BUT the all-auctions-list was empty...as a matter of fact all the auction lists were empty...this drove me crazy for about 45 minutes until I tried to manually enter in an auction and then suddenly everything is there...then I deleted my entered auction and all was fine. Not sure why it does this but I do consider this a bug since others may have to empty the auction_basket while testing/installing.

As I am testing this out I am getting really excited about it...this has great implecations for Ebayers.

How long before emails are auto-parsed? When you are the seller you are able to view email addresses of everyone who bid or won your auctions...this should be easy to parse just like the regular page. It may require a field for our ebay password though. Possible a cURL function will have to be used.

If you can help with this contrib please do so.

I hate to bust the bubble, but you can pretty much forget trying to get the email address from any type of PHP solution. In fact, HTML parsing is not going to work well for anything other than what Smitty is doing with single item Chinese (standard) auctions. I totally support what Smitty is doing, because it's a wonderful stepping stone and gets everyone excited about the possibilities with automation. BTW - Great job Smitty on your integration!

Although I have been able to get the email address from an HTML parsing solution, I have determined that continuing to support this solution will be way too problematic to support in the future simply because of the number of different types of auctions and the frequency with which eBay updates their pages.

As a result, I have migrated my automation solution to the eBay API under the individual license, and once I decide that it is tested sufficiently and ready for certification, I intend to upgrade to the commercial license so that you guys will have support too. I want to discuss alternatives with you all, but my research reveals that this is the only true solution.

I am not sure why other than you want to make a profit....why cant you just include the API in the release and let individual sites handle the "individual ebay API".

Thats like saying it would be too hard to setup a Credit Card checkout for users so EVERYONE has to use you as CC processor. As much as I want this contrib I would rather pay a coder a couple hundred to finish the code and then release it to users for free.

Thanks at least for getting it this far AuctionBlox but I think people like smitty and I have the right idea. OPEN SOURCE

defender39,

There is only so much that can be done with HTML parsing. And add on the fact that eBay strictly prohibits it, and the actively change their pages to thwart it. They make small and large changes to their site on a random basis to make it difficult for people to do the parsing.

As for the API, you can do just about anything with the API. If you are good, you can get alot done with one call, and a single person may be able to get by with one license. Here's the catch, and the reson for what Auctioblox is doing. You have to certify your program when you use the API. That's $100 I believe. So, if you, me, smitty, and auctioblox want to use Open Source code, and get a personal API, then we still have to certify our copy of OSC with eBay. Then we are limited to certain number of API calls. According to eBay's API policy, ANY changes then made to our OSC will result in a recertification, which is ANOTHER $100. So everytime you find a useful mod, it's $100. If Auctionblox makes a completely seperate piece, and he certifies it, then only ONE person pays the certification piece, and we can continue to mod our OSC all we want without having to further pay. Auctionblox will upgrade to a commercial API license and then offer a subscription service to cover his costs (only makes sense, giving to an Open Source community can only go so far, he's already given countless hours, and I don't think he's really in this for the money).

Also, by using the APIs, he should easily be able to accomidate most types of auctions making it appealing to an even greater audience.

*stepping off soapbox*