• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Ebay auction manager for OSCOMMERCE

quicklyshop

One of the great thing about community is the ideas that are generated collectively.

Regarding email parsing from eBay:

Pros:

1. Easily do-able

2. It's a great "trigger" mechanism

Cons:

1. Email is un-reliable

2. You can only do this if you can intercept the email on the server

Most ISP/home configurations are not set up this way :-(

Regarding parsing eBay pages:

Pros:

1. Data is guaranteed to be correct

Cons:

1. It is extremely difficult to "scrape" anything from eBay that requires a login to eBay. Email address requires login.

2. Scraping is inherently un-reliable

3. There is no trigger. You simply have to poll My Ebay to get the information. Yes, you can "schedule" the polling based on auction end time, but it does not work for Buy It Now auctions.

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am really stumped...I got it to update ok, and it enters the auction the first time alright, but if you run it a second item I get this error.

1062 - Duplicate entry '3048756776' for key 2

INSERT INTO auction_basket ( `auction_basket_id` , `auction_house_id` , `auction_item_id` , `ext_id` , `auction_winner_id` , `listing_status` , `time_start` , `time_end` , `orders_id` , `ext_title` , `ext_desc` , `quantity` , `price_start` , `price_end` , `insurance` , `shipping` , `sales_tax` , `products_id` ) VALUES ('', '1', '0', '3048756776', '1', '2', '2003/9/22 3::', '2003/9/29 11:51:32', NULL , 'DEC DIGITAL ALPHA ALPHASERVER 4000 ***LOOK***', NULL , '1', '0.0000', '152.50', '0.0000', '0.0000', '0.0000', '1')

[TEP STOP]

Here is the code:

$query_result_handle = tep_db_query ("select ext_id from " . TABLE_AUCTION_BASKET) or die ('The query failed!'); 

// use mysql_fetch_row to retrieve the results
   while ($row = mysql_fetch_row ($query_result_handle)) { 

if ($row[0] == $itemnum) {
    	 tep_db_query ("UPDATE " . TABLE_AUCTION_BASKET . " SET time_end = '$time_end' WHERE ext_id = '$itemnum'");
    	 tep_db_query ("UPDATE " . TABLE_AUCTION_BASKET . " SET price_end = '$Price' WHERE ext_id = '$itemnum'");
        	 echo mysql_errno() . ": " . mysql_error(). " update\n";
    	 }

if ($row[0] != $itemnum) {
    	 tep_db_query ("INSERT INTO " . TABLE_AUCTION_BASKET . " ( `auction_basket_id` , `auction_house_id` , `auction_item_id` , `ext_id` , `auction_winner_id` , `listing_status` , `time_start` , `time_end` , `orders_id` , `ext_title` , `ext_desc` , `quantity` , `price_start` , `price_end` , `insurance` , `shipping` , `sales_tax` , `products_id` ) VALUES ('', '1', '0', '$itemnum', '1', '2', '$time_start', '$time_end', NULL , '$Title', NULL , '1', '0.0000', '$Price', '0.0000', '0.0000', '0.0000', '1')");
    	 echo mysql_errno() . ": " . mysql_error(). "added\n";
    	 }
   }

I think it has to do with the "while" loop. It compairs the itemnum to each entry. There has got to be a better way to compair $itemnum (which is the item number from ebay) with the ext_id feild in the auction_basket table.

:o PLEASE HELP :o

Mysql is my weak point, and I am so close I can taste it.

Smitty,

you do not need the internal while loop.

for each $itemnum that you retrieve:

$query = tep_db_query("select ext_id from " . TABLE_AUCTION_BASKET . "where ext_id = '" . $itemnum . "'");

if (tep_db_num_rows($query) > 0)

{

// do update

}

else

{

// do insert

}

auctionblox you ROCK! I knew I was just making things more complicated than they needed to be. Ok the script works, now I just need to build an admin page for the setings and it will be done. I will keep plugging away.

Edited by smitty1

Oh.. :)

Nice job. Waiting for the code now.

But we still has the SSL problem. I am weak at PHP, so sorry about doing nothging.

The SSL is important because when the customer check out especially you want accept CC directly.

Every now and then I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: auctioncart in /var/www/html/osc/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 273

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

if (tep_session_is_registered('auctionCart') && is_object($auctionCart)) {

if (PHP_VERSION < 4) {

$broken_cart = $cart;

$auctionCart = new auctionCart;

$auctionCart->unserialize($broken_cart);

}

} else {

tep_session_register('auctionCart'); <-- 273

$auctionCart = new auctionCart;

}

//+++AUCTIONBLOX.COM

Looks like it has problems with getting a new session. Ideas?

Almost done. I was thinking of adding one more thing. I am not sure if it would work so I would like to get some opinions. I have made a update auction listing button, but this is too much of a manual process for me. It would be nice if this could happed automatically about every 12 hours or so. So, in researching I came across this cool little php command called "sleep". Could "sleep" be used in a while loop and ran indefinitely? Or would this consume to much memory and result in a disaster. Should I look for a java countdown timer to run in the background? Even if I went with option number two I still would need a while loop to restart it every 12 hours or whatever. I am thinking of adding something like this:

while ( 1 > 0)  {
require_once("get_auction_info.php");
// sleep works in minutes ex. 720 minutes in 12 hours 
sleep(720);
require_once("get_auction_info.php");
// sleep works in minutes ex. 720 minutes in 12 hours 
sleep(720);
}

What do you think? Any feedback?

Oh, I almost forgot. Auctionblox Do you think there is a way when the winning bidder comes to auction_finder.php to have them login with their ebay username instead of email? I am able to parse the ebay username. I use paypal to send out the email after the auction has ended and the winner could come to auction_finder.php put in their username and when they check out it could populate the email feild in auction_basket? This may be an alternative to the email problem. :unsure:

Edited by smitty1

Smitty1 (Joe)

what about using cron to run the php file to do the updates? i currently use this for a feedback mod which checks for new accounts w carts abandoned and sends a feedback request,, it can be set for any time frame i want.

just a thought

Regards

Tom

That's a great idea. But, I would like to design this to run independantly. I would like this to run on webservers or webspace (for those without a webserver). :)

A cron option should be part of the options...maybe not the default but certainly it should be an option. Thats how I prefer to run it and it would be the easiest not only to setup and install but also it would be easy on resources. Plus I could create the cron to do it hourly.

Yes, cron job is really the best option.

Regarding, the user of eBay User ID: That is an option, though not secure. There would be nothing to prevent someone from checking out impersonating as that eBay user. If you have limited quantity or you sell something too cheap, then you probably don't want that option.

The eBay user id can be stored in the ext_customer_id field of the auction_winners table. To use that field, you would have to change all the queries that use ext_email_address to use ext_customer_id.

If you go down that path, it would be nice to have it as a configurable option so as not to break the original which allows for semi-secure checkout using email address.

Hello it's done. You can get it here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1577

The Auto Update

Let me know what you think. Constructive criticism is a good thing. :huh:

Hi Smitty Auctinblocks,

Is this any use for the scheduling job your need :-

http://www.thedemosite.co.uk/phpjobscheduler/

I will have to check it out. I want it to run a php script once or twice a day.

:D :D

Yes, it works good, but the emails are not updated, it seems to add the last one you manually gets added to all of them :( . Also I am having trouble with the invioce button, when in the active auctions screen, it is linking to a page not found, did I do something wrong, or is everyone getting this.

Doug

To get the winner email, the system should require ebay password. Since we are not required the password, the system will not update the email. I think.

It's still good. I can do the email currently. I am testing it on MS1.

My catalog's default Currency is CAD, but I am listing my products at ebay using USD. When I set up the price in admin zone, the price is set up to CAD. But it is listed in USD. Should the program have a currency option or should it read from ebay which currency it is?

Or can I just modify some code so that it will be set to USD only?

Thanks.

The get auction info contributions springs up this error:

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'virginator' tshirt L@@K!!', NULL , '1', '0.0000', 'GBP 9.99', '

INSERT INTO auction_basket ( `auction_basket_id` , `auction_house_id` , `auction_item_id` , `ext_id` , `auction_winner_id` , `listing_status` , `time_start` , `time_end` , `orders_id` , `ext_title` , `ext_desc` , `quantity` , `price_start` , `price_end` , `insurance` , `shipping` , `sales_tax` , `products_id` ) VALUES ('', '1', '0', '2863749479', '1', '2', '2003/10/18 3::', '2003/10/25 14:10:49', NULL , 'Gothic 'virginator' tshirt L@@K!!', NULL , '1', '0.0000', 'GBP 9.99', '0.0000', '0.0000', '0.0000', '713')

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone know why it would do this? I can only think that It might eb the ' in the product description.

PLEASE HELP!

Definitely the ' in the description. The DB entity needs to be escaped in the code with another single apostrophe. The best way to accomplish this is to replace all single apostrophes in your string (in the code) with 2 apostrophes before placing it in your SQL.