• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Purchase previous orders and order history items

Grant7

Hi,

Could someone help me with the following two questions please?

1. The "order history" box which shows a user the last 5 items they ordered previously - if someone ads a product that they previously ordered at a different price, will it be added to the shopping cart at the new price or the old one?

2. Is there a way to allow customers to place the same order again? E.g. a client orders some food one week, and the following week wants to order exactly the same thing, is there some way to put a button somewhere like in the customers "my order history" to say "reorder these items" or something like that next to each order, to place the same order again?

Thanks,

Grant

Hi,

Could someone help me with the following two questions please?

1. The "order history" box which shows a user the last 5 items they ordered previously - if someone ads a product that they previously ordered at a different price, will it be added to the shopping cart at the new price or the old one?

2. Is there a way to allow customers to place the same order again? E.g. a client orders some food one week, and the following week wants to order exactly the same thing, is there some way to put a button somewhere like in the customers "my order history" to say "reorder these items" or something like that next to each order, to place the same order again?

Thanks,

Grant

Re-Order

Hi,

Thanks very much for that, however I am having a few problems.

I have installed the order reorder function into an oscommerce store which I built which has been heavily modified, however it does not work.

When I click "order this again" I get an annoying security message - "Although this page is encrypted, the information you have entered is to be sent over an unencrypted connection and could easily be read by a third party.

Are you sure you want to continue sending this information"

I think this is because I use an SSL cert to secure the admin and client admin areas, so how do I send the user to the "https://www.mysite.com/shopping_cart.php" and not "http://www.mysite.com/shopping_cart.php".

Also, even when I click "continue" when the alert appears, and I get taken to shopping_cart.php, the order is not added to the shopping cart.

Could someone please help me with this?

Thanks,

Grant

Archived