• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Three problems (the last I'll need answered before I launch my site)

TBBucs

I'll start with the easiest problems first:

1.) On the advanced search page, I can't seem to get rid of the images in the top-left and top-right corners. I got rid of them on every other page, but not this one for some reason. What chunk of code should I be looking for?

2.) I get a banner that says "Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/contentc/public_html/store/catalog/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.", which I know means that I need to give the configure.php file read-only privileges so that nobody can alter it. The problem is, I right-clicked the file, set all users to read-only permissions, then clicked ok and refreshed the page, but the error is still there. I double-checked the permissions and sure enough they were still read-only. Any thoughts as to what's wrong there?

3.) Ok, here's the big one. When I try to access the admin panel, I get the error: Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user 'vicariou_root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /home/contentc/public_html/store/catalog/admin/includes/functions/database.php on line 19

Unable to connect to database server!. Looking at the error, I notice that it's trying to use vicariou@localhost, the username, server name, and password from the server that I tested the store on earlier (the store has since been moved to a new domain). I checked the configure.php file, and all of the database information is correct there with no trace of the old domain. Any idea what's why it's trying to connect to that domain instead of the new one?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

#2. log into your control panel and set the permissions on the server not through ftp.

If this fails you need to contact you host and ask them to change permissions as they may have you blocked from making read write changes.

Other option is to download the configure.php files change the permissions while on your computer and ftp the read only file back to the server.

Archived