• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Have to login twice

chris90

I have installed OSCommerce via Fantastico and the installation script automatically secured the admin area for me.

However when I go to admin I actually have to logon twice before I get access !!

I didn't mind that too much - but I have just tried to password protect the whole shop (sounds daft, but the application is for a photographic gallery which is dedicated to a single client/event e.g. wedding) and the same thing happens with the root directory. i.e. a user has to logon twice.

In this case I used cpanel to perform the password protection. It is not a generic server fault because logon behaviour is normal on a password-protected test directory with some boring index.html file.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

I have installed OSCommerce via Fantastico and the installation script automatically secured the admin area for me.

However when I go to admin I actually have to logon twice before I get access !!

I didn't mind that too much - but I have just tried to password protect the whole shop (sounds daft, but the application is for a photographic gallery which is dedicated to a single client/event e.g. wedding) and the same thing happens with the root directory. i.e. a user has to logon twice.

In this case I used cpanel to perform the password protection. It is not a generic server fault because logon behaviour is normal on a password-protected test directory with some boring index.html file.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Chris,

The double login would be normal with your fantastico installation. Also, keep in mind that this particular setup usually password protects your admin folder already so there would not be any need to do it manually through your cpanel. You should have seen a .htaccess file installed in your admin folder by the fantastico installation.

It sounds like you are trying to do a custom installation to be used only by one client and not open to the whole world. If this is the case, you could just remove the password info from the .htaccess file created by the initial fantastico installation and then use your cpanel to protect the entire catalog directory to meet your needs. This will also remove the double login.

Hope this helped,

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

Thanks for the reply, Bill.

Also, keep in mind that this particular setup usually password protects your admin folder already so there would not be any need to do it manually through your cpanel.

In fact I originally had not used cpanel to secure any directories. With just the fantastico installation, the admin required the same login twice, and the catalog was unsecured (as expected).

Applying cpanel directory protection to the catalog directory then resulted in the double login there as well.

Archived