• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

how to set bgcolor for the outside of the shop

peter888

My have web site with (center shop) width for 777.

bgcolor for the inside of the shop is same as the bgcolor for the outside of the shop.

anyone knows how to set bgcolor for the outside of the shop is different as bgcolor for the inside of the shop???

for example:

set "FFFFFF" to Use what bgcolor for the inside of the shop

set "F1F1F1" to Use what bgcolor for the outside of the shop

or use an image to Use what bgcolor for the outside of the shop and set "FFFFFF" to Use what bgcolor for the inside of the shop???

Thanks for help.

Open up your stylesheets.css file. Look for something similar to this:

BODY {

background: #ffffff;

color: #000000;

margin: 0px;

}

Change the background: #ffffff; line to whatever color you want. In your case that's going to be background: #f1f1f1;

Where stylesheets.css is located is going to depend on whether you have a basically stock shop or if you have a template system in place that might have moved it. And the contents of it will most likely be different as well. Also, changing the background color of the body tag may affect other areas that are inside the fixed width portion of your shop. You'll just have to experiment with it, or post a link to your shop so I have a better idea of what's going on.

Thanks for quick reply.

Currently, my bgcolor for the inside of the shop is same as the bgcolor for the outside of the shop

I knew how to change background across all my site

but i don't know how to make bgcolor for the outside of the shop is different as bgcolor for the inside of the shop.

I see. I thought you had changed the inside portion of your shop already but didn't know how to change the outside portion. Post up your site and I'll have a look. If there is a table or div that is containing the inside portion of your shop, and if it has a class or id associated with it, then it's pretty simple.

Hi, the following web link is an example for what my idea:

http://2modern.blogs.com/2modern/accessories/index.html

the background image to the outside of the shop as background and background color "FFFFFF" to Use what bgcolor for the inside of the shop. But I don't know how to make it.

BTW, I am still developing my web site.

Thanks

Thanks

Hi, the following web link is an example for what my idea:

http://2modern.blogs.com/2modern/accessories/index.html

the background image to the outside of the shop as background and background color "FFFFFF" to Use what bgcolor for the inside of the shop. But I don't know how to make it.

BTW, I am still developing my web site.

Thanks

Thanks

I understand what you're trying to accomplish, but without seeing the actual code you are using, I can't be of much help. There are a million ways to do it, and the way I would do it may not work for you. In essence you should have a containing div or table that makes up the inner portion of your website, and then you would give that container an id or class. Then you can use that id or class to set the background color to whatever you like.

For instance, in your HTML you would have something like this:

<body>
<div id="container">
	<p>Blah blah blah inner content goes here.</p>
</div>
</body

Then in your style sheet you would have something like this:

body
{
background: #ffffff;
}

#container
{
background: #f1f1f1;
}

This is a highly simplified example, and there is other code missing that your site would have. All I'm showing you here is how to set a different background color for different parts of your site. Without seeing your actual site, I can't really get any more specific than that.

Thanks, I just tried what you said. IT WORKS. I need put the following code to all the pages between to <body>and</body>.

<body>

<div id="container">

</div>

<body>

Glad it works, but you didn't really need to add the <div id="container"> thing. I was talking more along the lines if it had already existed in your code. While what you did works, you would be better off finding which HTML tag already contains the inner part of your site and apply the css code to that instead.

Don't mean to rude or snotty here, but....

If you have the Center Shop contrib installed...then you should be able to manipulate the colors from the Admin side of your website.

Admin > Configuration > Center Shop > Outer Background Color

Same goes for Shop Width and everything else.

Archived