• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

I'd like to achieve the following with categories/products

luckyphil

Hi, I've searched through the forum and also the contributions section and I'm not really sure what the contribution is called exactly, that I'm looking for. However, what I want to do is expand the category tree to add more search options before arriving at the product that is for sale.

We currently sell car accessories and due to the large range of vehicles there does not appear to be enough category options in the standard oscommerce.

For example, under categories, there is the manufacturer, which may be Ford, then we need to select a model, Explorer for example, then we have a choice of years, 1996 for example, then a choice of Exterior body parts or engine parts for example and the we need to arrive at the product.

There is a site in the showcases section that does something similar that would be ideal, it is http://shops.oscommerce.com/directory/goto,24844

Can anyone that is familiar with oscommerce advise what contributions might have been used to achieve the search tool on the home page and also the extra categories when searching using the categories links on the left column?

Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Thanks, Phil

Archived