• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with orders: No cart contents showing in PayPal invoice... and more. Please help!

fast50

Hello everyone!

I've searched around for answers but didn't see anything that answered my problem(s).

1.) When a customer checks out and pays with PayPal some of their orders are not showing up in oscommerce although their payment shows up on PayPal.

2.) How can I set oscommerce to send the shopping cart contents to PayPal? I'd like to print a PayPal packing slip that shows their order including the cart contents that they purchased.

Thanks in advance for your help.

You have a mess on your hands, indeed.

You need to install of one of the PayPal IPN contributions. The full order will be logged in Admin whether or not they return to your website to visit the Checkout Success screen....which is what writes and logs their order to your website database.

Visit PayPal. Login and create a return URL for those paying via your website. URL will be: http://www.yoursite.com/checkout_process.php

If they still don't come back? You'll get their successful PayPal payment email AND your website will log what they purchased in its entirety in Admin > Orders. So, you don't have to email your buyer and say, ummm...Thanks for your purchase? And...what did you order?

As for having PayPal pickup and print WHAT they ordered? Install the contrib called Better PayPal Description.

I warn you, though. There is a data restriction within PayPal. Only 126-128 characters will be allowed. If the customer orders several items at once...PayPal will cut off their order on-screen during checkout at x-number of characters.

Of course, a certain poster on this board is in total disagreement with that and claims it does work beautifully with PP IPN. Still awaiting an answer as to WHICH IPN module works well with this....

• 3 weeks later...
You have a mess on your hands, indeed.

You need to install of one of the PayPal IPN contributions. The full order will be logged in Admin whether or not they return to your website to visit the Checkout Success screen....which is what writes and logs their order to your website database.

Visit PayPal. Login and create a return URL for those paying via your website. URL will be: http://www.yoursite.com/checkout_process.php

If they still don't come back? You'll get their successful PayPal payment email AND your website will log what they purchased in its entirety in Admin > Orders. So, you don't have to email your buyer and say, ummm...Thanks for your purchase? And...what did you order?

As for having PayPal pickup and print WHAT they ordered? Install the contrib called Better PayPal Description.

I warn you, though. There is a data restriction within PayPal. Only 126-128 characters will be allowed. If the customer orders several items at once...PayPal will cut off their order on-screen during checkout at x-number of characters.

Of course, a certain poster on this board is in total disagreement with that and claims it does work beautifully with PP IPN. Still awaiting an answer as to WHICH IPN module works well with this....

Awesome reply! Thanks very much for your help.

Tested and it's working... at least when I tested it.

Adding that return URL in PayPal did the trick.

My test resulted in seeing the order and the customer's cart contents... just what I was looking for.

I'd like to understand why some orders were going through and the cart contents could be seen while others were going through and the cart contents couldn't be seen.

There was never a problem with the payment, that was always received.

Thanks again!

Archived