• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Not recognizing state from Unite States drop down menu

cocopup

Every time someone buys something from the U.S.A., they are asked to put in the state for shipping. Regardless of whether your put in New York, or NY, after you hit the submit button, it always comes back to that page with red writing at the top saying:

"Please select a state from the States drop down menu."

Why does it do this? Is it not recognizing the states?

Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Every time someone buys something from the U.S.A., they are asked to put in the state for shipping. Regardless of whether your put in New York, or NY, after you hit the submit button, it always comes back to that page with red writing at the top saying:

"Please select a state from the States drop down menu."

Why does it do this? Is it not recognizing the states?

Your help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Check out this contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...ll/search,10418

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I'm a little confused with the contribution above... Will this correct the problem, or is there no correction available? Is anyone able to simplify this for me?

Is this able to be fixed in the admin. panel, or should I have my programmer fix it?

Thanks

I'm a little confused with the contribution above... Will this correct the problem, or is there no correction available? Is anyone able to simplify this for me?

Is this able to be fixed in the admin. panel, or should I have my programmer fix it?

Thanks

The shopping cart code *should* be able to recognize a proper abbreviation or a properly spelled state name (ie CA or California) and match that up with the zone stored in the database. It's something your programmer can look into.

The contribution I recommended would make life much easier on your customers as well as preventing this problem from happening in the future. Instead of having to write a state name and have the code attempt to match that up with a zone in the db, the user would be presented with a drop-down menu of states based on whatever country was currently selected.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Archived