• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help Pleaseeeee - return to "storename" not working

drtduarte

Dear Frieds,

I have a store that was working like a charm until August.

Now when a user clicks on the return to "Storename" button he is redirected to the file checkout_process.php but this file is redirected to the file checkout_shipping.php and the user shopping cart is not emptied and the order is not inserted on the database.

I'm sure that this was working before, anyone more is having this issue??

Why is this happening??? Please if someone can help?

What payment method is this we are talking about. I am going to guess Paypal? What do you have the return link set at in the module in the OSC admin for it?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

What payment method is this we are talking about. I am going to guess Paypal? What do you have the return link set at in the module in the OSC admin for it?

The paypal module that I'm using doesn't have any return link to set, it's the default module I guess.

But this as always worked fine until know.

Did paypal did any changes this last month?

actually yes that have. I know that have been working on a new paypal layout so they might have changed some things when they upgraded their site. YOu might wanna try installing payapal IPN.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

Thank you for your help.

Actually I'm using contribution 5199, who works like this:

If a user selects paypal payment after confirmation.php he goes to confirmation2.php, here an email is sent with subject "Pending Order" only to the store admin with all the order information, the products, the order comments everything.

On the original version, at this step the order is recorded into the database, but this as a problem, if the user doesn't pay, the order stays on the database and this could fill the database with invalid orders.

So I have changed some code, and now confirmation2.php only sends the email with subject "Pending Order" that contains all the order details, if the user doesn't pay, there is no problem and no order is created, if the user pays and forget to click on "Return to merchat", the store admin gets the paypal email and has the pending order email with all the details that he can use to finish the order on the user account using the master password.

This is the easiest and cleanest system that I could imagine.

The problem of order not recorded after clicking on the "Return to merchant" was several lines of code on confirmation2.php that where kintroduced to avoid orders duplication:

// unregister session variables used during checkout

tep_session_unregister('sendto');

tep_session_unregister('billto');

tep_session_unregister('shipping');

tep_session_unregister('payment');

tep_session_unregister('comments');

But as I don't insert orders on this step, I don't need this code.

Thanks for your help.

Regards

David

Edited by drtduarte