• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Off the wall question....run local program

ComicWisdom

I don't know if this can be done at all. I am trying to get a color picker to run on a client's/shopper's computer so that they can use it to select an RGB color from their own screen then paste it into their order form.

Is it possible for me to setup a graphic link or a link of any kind in my shop that will make the program on the client's/shopper's computer run if the program is something like:

c:\programs\colorpicker.exe

I know an email link will do this. Can this be done with this kind of program?

I know it's a weird question, but thank you to all who have any ideas or can lead me to a possible solution.

Ralph

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

There are a lot of colorpicker scripts out there and I'm sure it won't be a big problem to integrate one of them into OSC. Just search the one you want to go with and someone will guide you through the installation process.

Hi,

I already have the color picker installed here. I figure if I give an option to download and install it on the page, all will be working with the same program. But I'd like to provide a link on the appropriate pages on my site for my customers to start it on their computer.

The path on when installed with defaults is:

"C:\Program Files\NZ Software\Hex Color Finder\hexcf.exe"

Just between us, remember there are only 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't!!

Remember, learning is a "do-it-yourself" experience; although, not necessarily a "do-it-BY-yourself" experience.

The quickest way to learn is to forget to BACKUP!

Archived