Upgrade to RC1

pichou2005

My store is still in development with osCommerce 2.2-MS2

My host is:

- Linux server

- Php 4.3.11

- My SQL 4.1 and 5.0 compliant

Should i upgrade to 2.2RC1?

In the affirmative, i will probably start from a complete new installation because i think it will be faster than making all the changes manually.

Thanks!

My store is still in development with osCommerce 2.2-MS2

My host is:

- Linux server

- Php 4.3.11

- My SQL 4.1 and 5.0 compliant

Should i upgrade to 2.2RC1?

In the affirmative, i will probably start from a complete new installation because i think it will be faster than making all the changes manually.

Thanks!

I think it's a good idea, especially if it's not a live site you are upgrading. If you do run into any trouble, it's a lot easier to fix it when you're not being rushed because your live site is down. Others will probably come in here and say it's a terrible idea because it's a "release candidate" and not a final version. Well, MS2 isn't a final version either, so that point is moot. I say go for it. I did it myself and I'm glad I did.

if it's not a live site

why not to do new install again instead of upgrading?

Please read this line: Do you want to find all the answers to your questions? click here. As for contribution database it's located here!

8 people out of 10 don't bother to read installation manuals. I can recommend: if you can't read the installation manual, don't bother to install any contribution yourself.

Before installing contribution or editing/updating/deleting any files, do the full backup, it will save to you & everyone here on the forum time to fix your issues.

Any issues with oscommerce, I am here to help you.

Archived