• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change text in front page

loboestepario

You may change the home page content by modifying english.php (or whichever language you have chosen) & index.php.

The way to do is, to modify second argument in DEFINE

for eg.

define('TEXT_NAME','This is what shows up on ALL pages of the site where ever PHP has been asked to show the content defined in TEXT_NAME, so essentially what you have to do is to replace text within this section by one of your choice as shown in next define') ;

define('TEXT_NAME','I want this to show instead of what showed up earlier') ;

Unfortunately in this case FrontPage wouldn't be of much use, a notepad would give much better results.

Hope that helps!!!!

Best Regards,
Gaurav

You may change the home page content by modifying english.php (or whichever language you have chosen) & index.php.

The way to do is, to modify second argument in DEFINE

for eg.

define('TEXT_NAME','This is what shows up on ALL pages of the site where ever PHP has been asked to show the content defined in TEXT_NAME, so essentially what you have to do is to replace text within this section by one of your choice as shown in next define') ;

define('TEXT_NAME','I want this to show instead of what showed up earlier') ;

Unfortunately in this case FrontPage wouldn't be of much use, a notepad would give much better results.

Hope that helps!!!!

THANK YOU

(BUT IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF WORK)

THANK YOU

(BUT IT SEEMS LIKE A LOT OF WORK)

The text edits are the easiest of all osCommerce edits. All you have to do is modify what is between the quotes ('blah blah blah') with your own custom text. You can then modify the styling of the text be using the stylesheet.css file.

If you are really more of a "designer" rather than a "coder", then I would strongly suggest adding the Simple Template System contribution to your shop. STS would allow you to design your pages (and text) using your favorite WYSIWYG HTML editor such as DreamWeaver, MS FrontPage, MS Expression Web, etc.

You may also consider reading the following thread for design coding modifications: Basics for Design.

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

The text edits are the easiest of all osCommerce edits. All you have to do is modify what is between the quotes ('blah blah blah') with your own custom text. You can then modify the styling of the text be using the stylesheet.css file.

If you are really more of a "designer" rather than a "coder", then I would strongly suggest adding the Simple Template System contribution to your shop. STS would allow you to design your pages (and text) using your favorite WYSIWYG HTML editor such as DreamWeaver, MS FrontPage, MS Expression Web, etc.

You may also consider reading the following thread for design coding modifications: <a href="http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=139426" target="_blank">Basics for Design.

</a>

thANK YOU WHERE WOULD i FIND THE SIMPLE TEMPLETE?

Sorry to "hijack" you topic but i have almost same question...

I have try to find place where to removed following line: "Welcome Guest! Would you like to log yourself in? Or would you prefer to create an account?" Where i find that? I put those options to somewhere else :)

Well that's not key for that door :rolleyes:

Wrong Answer mate - it is exactly where it should be in English.php [\includes\languages\english.php]

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

>_<

Best Regards,
Gaurav

Wrong Answer mate - it is exactly where it should be in English.php [\includes\languages\english.php]

define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s"><u>log yourself in</u></a>? Or would you prefer to <a href="%s"><u>create an account</u></a>?');

>_<

Sorry my fault! :blush: Thanks for pointing to right place :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...

I don' t know if this the correct place to post this but how do you remove the new product that show on the bottom of the front and the category icon that shows above the text. I've searched the forum for 2 days and have only found partial answers.

btw

this is my 4th post in 2 days and no one ever responds

Archived