• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Auto-Assigning new accounts to customer groups

Can someone help please? :blush: I keep trying to post this to the Special Pricing thread to post the topic below. What am I doing wrong? I open that thread, go the most recent page and hit 'new topic'. Ah.... it just occured to me, I should hit 'reply' instead. Thanks for your patience... If there is someone who can remove this topic from General Contributions, I'd be most grateful. I'll try the SPPC thread again...

Gillian

Has anyone tried writing code for special pricing to stream customers directly from account creation to their customer group without manual moderation in order that customers could view the appropriate pricing tier during their initial visit? I understand from Jan Z that this is possible. (Thanks for telling me I was in the wrong list, Jan! :thumbsup:) Is the code below the right area in create_account.php where I need to add csutom coding? Anyone?

// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer// register SPPC session variables for the new customer// if there is code above that puts new customers directly into another customer group (default is retail)// then the below code need not be changed, it uses the newly inserted customer group	  $check_customer_group_info = tep_db_query("select c.customers_group_id, cg.customers_group_show_tax, cg.customers_group_tax_exempt, cg.group_specific_taxes_exempt from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " c left join " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS . " cg using(customers_group_id) where c.customers_id = '" . $customer_id . "'");	  $customer_group_info = tep_db_fetch_array($check_customer_group_info);	  $sppc_customer_group_id = $customer_group_info['customers_group_id'];	  $sppc_customer_group_show_tax = (int)$customer_group_info['customers_group_show_tax'];	  $sppc_customer_group_tax_exempt = (int)$customer_group_info['customers_group_tax_exempt'];	  $sppc_customer_specific_taxes_exempt = '';	  if (tep_not_null($customer_group_info['group_specific_taxes_exempt'])) {		$sppc_customer_specific_taxes_exempt = $customer_group_info['group_specific_taxes_exempt'];

Is it possible to direct new accounts based on the information they enter in customer details for 'country' and 'tax number'

Our four customer groups are: Canada Retail, Canada Wholesale, USA Retail, USA Wholesale.

We just put our store up about2 weeks ago and I don't yet know how to write php - but I'm learning fast as I can! :'(

Any help, direction, re-direction, pointers, advice would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Gillian

Edited by gillianmccrostie