• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

When upgrading OSC, how do i keep my style?

tradez

Hi,

I run a custom version of OSC on my site, homesweetfurniture.com. As you can see, it looks almost nothing like the original. I would really like to upgrade most of the inner workings to the newest release though, and I was wondering how i could go about doing this without losing the custom look of my site?

Ryan

That's a question that can't be answered. If you try to upgrade, you got to know which contribs you've installed (eventually they need an upgrade too) and understand the changed PHP code to make no errors by just copy and paste it.

That's a question that can't be answered. If you try to upgrade, you got to know which contribs you've installed (eventually they need an upgrade too) and understand the changed PHP code to make no errors by just copy and paste it.

I guess my question is, to what level is my template attached? If i get the new one, and start upgrading all off the checkout_payment.php's and such, where do i need to make sure that my template is still installed? I belive the company that i paid to do this, simply created a template.

There are a couple of different ways to create a template for OSC, so I can't give a certain answer to your question. I'd have to take a close look at your files to do so.

Are you inferring that is something you are willing to do?

I'm willing, but I don't know if I have the time to do, since I'm a professional OSC programmer and make my living out of it. So the paid orders have a much higher priority than the help in the forums. And I assume there's a lot of work to do, to update your shop regarding your statement about the completely difference of your shop compared to the stock one.

Archived