• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Warning: Installation directory

Hi everyone I just installed osCommerce on my server. But now I am getting

Warning: Installation directory exists at: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/install. Please remove this directory for security reasons.

And

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/smogunli/public_html/NSCreativeSolutions/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

How do I do this I am new to this so I need the help.

Thank you

-N-

Through your ftp program remove the install directory and chmod the file permissions of the configure.php file to 644 (Apache server).

I did the chmod and nothing.

I tried 777.555.644. and 444 and i am sting getting.

Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/smogunli/public_html/NSCreativeSolutions/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file.

I don't know what to do... :(

I NEED HELP

and thanks i did the removing of the folder.

-N-

No…I just keep getting the same thing over and over and over.

I have been looking for going on 3 days of none stop looking everywhere to see if I can find how to fix this and nothing.

I could have a look if you would pm me ftp access info

I can't do that...I wish i could but then you would be able to take my life and site away.

But if you could think of something let me know please thank you

Archived