• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How do I start

miamistang

Let me bore you for one second with my sad but true tale.

I had an OsCommerce site before only it was run by someone else on their server.

This is all I have left from it on my website

By the way here is my website

After spending countless hours trying to load hundreds of items and pictures into my OsCommerce catalog every thing I did when bye bye when the company that had my work on their server suddenly vanished

Now I am left with the task of trying to restart from scratch a new catalog on our own server and I don't know what I should do to get it to work and My boss who is totally computer illiterate is wondering why everything isn't fixed right after five minutes.

I have though an accident of fate been able to upload the latest OsCommerce 2.2rc download onto my site using MS frontpage 2003.

As proof I submit to you the fruits of my efforts to date such as they are....

If I can get to the point where I can set up the modules the passwords, and most importantly the catalog I won't have to beat myself silly with the keyboard.

I beg of you please point me in the right direction

Let me bore you for one second with my sad but true tale.

I had an OsCommerce site before only it was run by someone else on their server.

After spending countless hours trying to load hundreds of items and pictures into my OsCommerce catalog every thing I did when bye bye when the company that had my work on their server suddenly vanished

ps for you and others - always download copy of your site and database to your local computer as a safety net :)

I did the whole thing all over again using FTP now I cannot get past the databased server connection page

I keep getting this error.

There was a problem connecting to the database server. The following error had occured:

Lost connection to MySQL server during query

Please verify the connection parameters and try again.

I swear God is punishing me.

Archived