• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How Do I ...? All the basic install questions regularly asked...

Hi, can some one help me?

How I can remove Fields from shipping address I do not want post code field?

I have the same question in reverse. How do I ADD custom fields to the Shipping Address? Specifically, I want to add a Telephone Field to the DELIVERY ADDRESS. This is what I've done so far:

1. Added a new database field called "delivery_telephone" to the ORDERS table.

2. Added an input field in /includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php. (Incidentally, Sabika, in this file you can remove Shipping Address input fields from display.)

But here's where I'm stuck:

1. Which script or function adds the data from the new field to the database?

2. Which script or function adds the new database field to the Shipping Address Label?

From what I've determined, the Shipping Address Label contains all of the shipping values, i.e. delivery_name, delivery_company, etc. all tied to a "customer_id." How do I add my new field, "delivery_telephone" to the Shipping Label so that the new field value will be displayed along with the other shipping/delivery values?

Much appreciate some insight here.

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi

Thanks for the great advice on this forum.

No one yet seems to have answered the question about removing ALL the clipart.

I followed what was in an earlier post for someone else but it doesn´t do the checkout section, only the main pages.

Any advice how to remove it all?

Many Thanks

How do I change the text "Country" on the page create_account.php? and How can I move the field to be the first one on Address?

Anybody can help me with this issue? I need this immediately.

Thanks in advance

How do I change the text "Country" on the page create_account.php? and How can I move the field to be the first one on Address?

Anybody can help me with this issue? I need this immediately.

The text "Country" should be in the language file for that page: /includes/languages/english/create_account.php. You can restructure the HTML in the main file: /create_account.php. The HTML is typically in the bottom half. Search for the below code at around line 440:

<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>
<td class="main">
         <?php echo 
            tep_get_country_list('country') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? 
            '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); 
         ?>
      </td>
 </tr>

Move that HTML table row to the desired location in the table. Let us know if this works for you.

Now, if someone can help me with adding custom fields to the Shipping Address, described in post #201, that would be awesome! :)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1348567

The text "Country" should be in the language file for that page: /includes/languages/english/create_account.php. You can restructure the HTML in the main file: /create_account.php. The HTML is typically in the bottom half. Search for the below code at around line 440:

<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>
<td class="main">
         <?php echo 
            tep_get_country_list('country') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? 
            '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); 
         ?>
      </td>
 </tr>

Move that HTML table row to the desired location in the table. Let us know if this works for you.

Now, if someone can help me with adding custom fields to the Shipping Address, described in post #201, that would be awesome! :)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...t&p=1348567

Thanks for your help! I have moved the field to the top but couldn't find "Country" on the page /includes/languages/english/create_account.php

Can you please recheck for me? I'm almost ready to open my store!

Thanks again

Does anyone know how to remove the Postcode field or make it opitonal?

I would also like to change the wording suburb to town and State to County. Have found the lines in the english.php files but not sure if I can just rename.

Any ideas?

I would also like to change the wording suburb to town and State to County. Have found the lines in the english.php files but not sure if I can just rename.

Any ideas?

Yes, you can just rename (the value, that is). If you're not sure or want to preserve the original code, comment the line (put two // at the beginning of it), copy the line and make changes to the copy. Like so...

//define('ENTRY_SUBURB', 'Suburb:'); this line is commented (hidden)
define('ENTRY_SUBURB', 'Town:');

hello..

i've looked through this thread and have not found what i'm trying to do so i thought i would post.

i'm trying to display a gif of my ssl seal in the right-column. this said i have tried a couple times to get the seal to display, but all i get after i install the new code is a blank (black) right column.

can anyone help?

thanks,

ron

Does anyone know how to remove the Postcode field or make it opitonal?

Any ideas?

Thought this might be of use

For a comprehensive way of changing EVERYTHING to UK (UK-Based: Default osCommerce Installation)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130454

Another couple of threads might be of interest

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4473 (UK & Overseas Postage Methods)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=277269 (Only if you plan to post to UK only! Removing Country Selection on Register.)

Need help installing add ons/contributions, cleaning a hacked site or a bespoke development, check my profile

Virus Threat Scanner

My Contributions

Basic install answers.

Click here for Contributions / Add Ons.

UK your site.

Site Move.

Basic design info.

For links mentioned in old answers that are no longer here follow this link Useful Threads.

If this post was useful, click the Like This button over there ======>>>>>.

Here are a few more. Please don't post questions here, if you need to ask, start a new thread and reference this. Let's keep this clean!

How Do I ...

27 ... Get the price to show instead of 0 if I have changed the default currency as in #15?

Go to Configuration > My Store

Click on "Switch To Default Language Currency" then the Edit Button

Change to True

Hi

I think I have done everything you said here but the price still shows as £0.00.. Do you have any ideas please?

Thanks

Thought this might be of use

For a comprehensive way of changing EVERYTHING to UK (UK-Based: Default osCommerce Installation)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=130454

Another couple of threads might be of interest

http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4473 (UK & Overseas Postage Methods)

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=277269 (Only if you plan to post to UK only! Removing Country Selection on Register.)

Many Thanks I have managed to change the address layout to address line 1, address line 2 etc. But cannot manage to work out how to move the post code field to under the county field. I also need to make the postcode optional as we ship mainly to Ireland where there are no codes, but I need to keep the field for our uk customers.

Sorry to be a blonde pain

Hi,

I am a new learner.

I just changed osCommerce logo to my logo. It's done without problem, the image appear at the top left corner.

Now I want to add other image on the header next to the shop logo with the position on the center of the header, but I don't have idea how to add extra image centered on the header. I did try but it was appear on the right side not on the center.

Could anyone help me please.

Thanks,

Hlee

After weeks of trial I was able to add images to the top header, and am willing to assist you. Check my website and see if this is what you want. www.ArmenianStamps.com

This is my first reply to a question in the Forum and I hope to be able to help others too.

I have done the pre-installation part where I had

Download the osCommerce release package,

Extract the package to a temporary directory,

Connect to the web server with an FTP client,

Copy the "catalog" directory to the web server document path,

and done wth the pre-installation configuration and follow the installation procedure.

Next Ive tried to follow wth the web based configuration procedure where I have to go to http://www.my-server.com/osCommerce/ which i replace it wth http://www.xyz.com/osCommerce/. but it says tht the webpage cannot be found.

What should I do to fix the problem?

I have done the pre-installation part where I had

Download the osCommerce release package,

Extract the package to a temporary directory,

Connect to the web server with an FTP client,

Copy the "catalog" directory to the web server document path,

and done wth the pre-installation configuration and follow the installation procedure.

Next Ive tried to follow wth the web based configuration procedure where I have to go to http://www.my-server.com/osCommerce/ which i replace it wth http://www.xyz.com/osCommerce/. but it says tht the webpage cannot be found.

What should I do to fix the problem?

This guy multiple posts

I have the same question in reverse. How do I ADD custom fields to the Shipping Address? Specifically, I want to add a Telephone Field to the DELIVERY ADDRESS. This is what I've done so far:

1. Added a new database field called "delivery_telephone" to the ORDERS table.

2. Added an input field in /includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php. (Incidentally, Sabika, in this file you can remove Shipping Address input fields from display.)

But here's where I'm stuck:

1. Which script or function adds the data from the new field to the database?

2. Which script or function adds the new database field to the Shipping Address Label?

From what I've determined, the Shipping Address Label contains all of the shipping values, i.e. delivery_name, delivery_company, etc. all tied to a "customer_id." How do I add my new field, "delivery_telephone" to the Shipping Label so that the new field value will be displayed along with the other shipping/delivery values?

Much appreciate some insight here.

Hi did you manage to remove the postcode field? If so could you tell me which code to remove. I have tried a couple of things but can't work it out.

Hi did you manage to remove the postcode field? If so could you tell me which code to remove. I have tried a couple of things but can't work it out.

If you just want to remove the input field from view in the screen where users add a new address, you can do that in this file: /includes/modules/checkout_new_address.php. At around line 102 look for the below HTML table row and comment it to hide it from view. There may be other conditions that offer postcode fields, but hopefully this will give you a start.

<tr>
<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_POST_CODE; ?></td>
<td class="main">
	<?php echo 
		tep_draw_input_field('postcode') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT) ? 
		'<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_POST_CODE_TEXT . '</span>': ''); 
	?>
</td>
</tr>

I tried on the date formate change into DD/MM/YYYY

on point 16 at 1st post.

16. … Change the date format to DD/MM/YYYY?

Go to catalog/includes/languages/English.php and around line 21 and 23line and under admin.

but when i registed a trial customer, it still ask for mm/dd/yyyy birthday.

Where else should i change ?? coz it didn't say fully, thx

i would just copy thesame table that is in your footer if you are using the osc banners

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td align="center"><?php echo tep_display_banner('static', $banner); ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

Lol, working :lol: Thank you!

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious"

- Albert Einstein

Changing the box colors & removing the corner gifs: click me

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

I was wondering if someone could help me understand how to edit the text on the checkout_success.php page.

The default text is "Your products will arrive at their destination within 2-5 working days", and I need to change the number of days. I've looked through the code but can't figure this one out.

Thanks in advance.

I am just getting started, and am unable to access (or maybe just find) the back office to begin setting up. I was told to go to my site, and there is a log in, yet I keep getting a connection interruption message.

Can someone tell me if there is a wait time for population, or am I in the wrong place? Thank you for your help.

Archived