• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

problems during migration from linux to Windows

c.gr

Hi all

I am tasked to move an existing and working OSCOMMERCE installation from our Linux Server to a Windows 2003 Server with iis6. The reason for moving is simple: the Linux Server will be shut down and we have to integrate the store in our other web server, already hosting other PHP sites. So far i did the following:

- Copied the whole php web to the new Server, set the permissions for the IIS user

- Copied the MYSQL database

- Adjusted the Paths of the configure.php

- Installed the server Certificate and configured SSL

- set register-long-arrays in PHP.ini

Most of the functionality works now, however i have some problems with the Admin area:

Navigation

The navigation menu resets each time i click on a Sub item. this is not the case on the "old" installation. What could cause this?

Tools/Edit Languages

The list of Definitions is empty, however in the "old" installation i can see plenty of them. and as the shop pages are working, i assume that they are present, just not displayed. is there anything that could cause this?

I already searched the Forum for these issues and did not find anything.

Any help is greatly appreciated

many thanks in advance

Claudio :'(

Hi again.

I tried to investigate further, however without success. the situaton is still the same as described above. is there any additional information i could post that could trigger an idea about the issues?

many thanks

Claudio

Archived