• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Separate pricing per customer.

gillianmccrostie

I have installed the separate pricing per customer contribution - separate_price_420_rc1.

I have successfully inserted the 4 pricing tiers we need - retail and wholesale for both Canada and The U.S.

Even after entering the prices on a couple of items for the 4 pricing tiers though they are not visible shop-side to the customer. Only the default pricing is.

I am sorry to be such a dummy about this. I have been trying for two days to grasp how this is supposed to work.

1) Once the SP contribution is installed, what price do visitors see when they visit the site? The default price? Can I avoid guests seeing any prices by entering '0' in the default price box?

2) If I want particular customers to only see retail is that possible? If yes, how? How do I configure so that Canadian retail customers sees the Canadian retail prices? And, U.S. customers U.S. prices etc. from the time they log-in?

I am so ebarrassed that I just can't see to 'get' this! Does anyone know of a live store with separate pricing that I could view?

GOAL: What I want to do is somehow sort customers at account creation time so that once their account is created, they will be directed to or able to view only the one pricing tier (out of 4) which is appropriate for them.

Thanks to anyone with the knowledge and patience to help.

Cheers,

Gillian

Visitors will see "Retail" price.

For any prices by entering '0', you should check it yourself when you add/edit products.

For different group price:

Go to admin panel, then go to "Customers -> Customers Groups", and create groups you want.

After that, when you add/edit, you will see extra product field named group name you have set.For example: Canadian, then input new price in the text box behind it.

How to set customers to different group?

Go to "Customers->Customers", edit some existed customers, you will see "Customer Group", and set it to different groups.

Then login in as customers with different groups.

Try it.

Everyone is changing the world.

Everyone is a world.

For everyone needs my help, PM or email if I amn't online.

Visitors will see "Retail" price.

For any prices by entering '0', you should check it yourself when you add/edit products.

For different group price:

Go to admin panel, then go to "Customers -> Customers Groups", and create groups you want.

After that, when you add/edit, you will see extra product field named group name you have set.For example: Canadian, then input new price in the text box behind it.

How to set customers to different group?

Go to "Customers->Customers", edit some existed customers, you will see "Customer Group", and set it to different groups.

Then login in as customers with different groups.

Try it.

Tank Wang - Thanks SO much for responding. I do understand about all the above and also about how to set existing customers to the different groups.

I don't seem to understand though how NEW customers can create an account and be automatically streamed to the proper pricing tier. Does account creation need to be moderated by me and then their information hand edited? Or can new customers be auto-sorted into one of the 4 groups:

retail Canada

wholesale Canada

retail USA

wholesale USA

Currently folks now enter at the main /catalog page and they see one pricing tier which may not be appropriate for them.

Am I missing something more??

Thank you so much!

Gillian

I seem finally to understand how the special pricing per customer works. I have one last question about this topic.

Is is possible to move the log-in off the main catalog/ page to a separate area?

I would prefer that customers not preview the 'what's new', 'specials' or any other information on the main catalog page until AFTER they have created their account.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Gillian

I have installed the separate pricing per customer contribution - separate_price_420_rc1.

I have successfully inserted the 4 pricing tiers we need - retail and wholesale for both Canada and The U.S.

Even after entering the prices on a couple of items for the 4 pricing tiers though they are not visible shop-side to the customer. Only the default pricing is.

I am sorry to be such a dummy about this. I have been trying for two days to grasp how this is supposed to work.

1) Once the SP contribution is installed, what price do visitors see when they visit the site? The default price? Can I avoid guests seeing any prices by entering '0' in the default price box?

2) If I want particular customers to only see retail is that possible? If yes, how? How do I configure so that Canadian retail customers sees the Canadian retail prices? And, U.S. customers U.S. prices etc. from the time they log-in?

I am so ebarrassed that I just can't see to 'get' this! Does anyone know of a live store with separate pricing that I could view?

GOAL: What I want to do is somehow sort customers at account creation time so that once their account is created, they will be directed to or able to view only the one pricing tier (out of 4) which is appropriate for them.

Thanks to anyone with the knowledge and patience to help.

Cheers,

Gillian

I think you must modify the "sign up" step to allow customers to select group when sign up.

Are you family with PHP?

If yes, you could create a drop-down field of customer groups in catalog/create_account.php, and store customers' choice to database, only one file needs to modify (Note: Backup this file at first):

catalog/create_account.php

1. about line 29 find:

$firstname = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['firstname']);

Add above this:

$customers_group = 0;
  if(isset($_POST["customers_group"]))
  {
	 $customers_group = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST["customers_group"]);
  }

2.about line 176 find:

'customers_newsletter' => $newsletter,

Add below this:

'customers_group_id' => $customers_group

3.about line 440 to line 443 find:

<tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
		  </tr>

Add below this:

<?php
		$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id,customers_group_name from ".TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS);
		$customer_groups_array = array();
		while($customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query))
		{
			$customer_groups_array[] = array(
											 'id' => $customer_group['customers_group_id'],
											 'text' =>$customer_group['customers_group_name']
											 );
		}
		if(!empty($customer_groups_array))
		{
?>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main">Select Your Group:</td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('customers_group',$customer_groups_array); ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php

}
 ?>

That's all.

Don't forget backup catalog/create_account.php.

:lol: :D

Everyone is a world.

I think you must modify the "sign up" step.

Are you family with PHP?

If yes, you could create a drop-down field of customer groups in catalog/create_account.php, and store customers' choice to database, only one file needs to modify (Note: Backup this file at first):

catalog/create_account.php

1. about line 29 find:

$firstname = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['firstname']);

Add above this:

$customers_group = 0;
  if(isset($_POST["customers_group"]))
  {
	 $customers_group = tep_db_prepare_input($_POST["customers_group"]);
  }

2.about line 176 find:

'customers_newsletter' => $newsletter,

Add below this:

'customers_group_id' => $customers_group

3.about line 440 to line 443 find:

<tr>
			<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_COUNTRY; ?></td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_get_country_list('country') . ' ' . (tep_not_null(ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT) ? '<span class="inputRequirement">' . ENTRY_COUNTRY_TEXT . '</span>': ''); ?></td>
		  </tr>

Add below this:

<?php
		$customer_group_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_id,customers_group_name from ".TABLE_CUSTOMERS_GROUPS);
		$customer_groups_array = array();
		while($customer_group = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_query))
		{
			$customer_groups_array[] = array(
											 'id' => $customer_group['customers_group_id'],
											 'text' =>$customer_group['customers_group_name']
											 );
		}
		if(!empty($customer_groups_array))
		{
?>
		  <tr>
			<td class="main">Select Your Group:</td>
			<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('customers_group',$customer_groups_array); ?></td>
		  </tr>
<?php

}
 ?>

That's all.

Don't forget backup catalog/create_account.php.

:lol: :D

oooooooooooooooooookay! No, I don't know a thing about php but I will back stuff up and follow the directions carefully.

Thanks so much for sending this info!

Cheers,

Gillian

I seem finally to understand how the special pricing per customer works. I have one last question about this topic.

Is is possible to move the log-in off the main catalog/ page to a separate area?

I would prefer that customers not preview the 'what's new', 'specials' or any other information on the main catalog page until AFTER they have created their account.

Thanks so much!

Cheers,

Gillian

To do this, you should modify four files

catalog/specials.php, catalog/products_new.php, catalog/index.php, catalog/column_right.php

catalog/specials.php and catalog/products_new.php, about line 13 find:

require('includes/application_top.php');

Add below this:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

catalog/index.php, about line 312 to line 314, find:

<tr>
		<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
	  </tr>

replace this with:

<?php
		if (tep_session_is_registered('customer_id'))
		{
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
<?php
		}
	?>

catalog/includes/column_right.php,about line 38 find:

include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'specials.php');

replace this with:

{
}

That's all.

Backup at first.

Try it.

Everyone is a world.

To do this, you should modify four files

catalog/specials.php, catalog/products_new.php, catalog/index.php, catalog/column_right.php

catalog/specials.php and catalog/products_new.php, about line 13 find:

require('includes/application_top.php');

Add below this:

if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
$navigation->set_snapshot();
tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_LOGIN, '', 'SSL'));
 }

catalog/index.php, about line 312 to line 314, find:

<tr>
	  </tr>

replace this with:

<?php
		{
?>
	  <tr>
	  </tr>
<?php
		}
	?>

catalog/includes/column_right.php,about line 38 find:

replace this with:

{
}

That's all.

Backup at first.

Try it.

Tank Wang, thanks so much. I'll give this a try.

Cheers,

Gillian

oooooooooooooooooookay! No, I don't know a thing about php but I will back stuff up and follow the directions carefully.

Thanks so much for sending this info!

Cheers,

Gillian

So if you want to get more support about this, maybe you could go here https://secure.hostingbay.net/support/ for support, guys there would reply you in the shortest time.

Everyone is a world.

So if you want to get more support about this, maybe you could go here https://secure.hostingbay.net/support/ for support, guys there would reply you in the shortest time.

Thanks, I think I can manage the second coding you sent. It is very clear so I will try.

I simply want to move the log-in to the index.html page. So simple to do in html but I don't know php.

Cheers,

Gillian

Thanks, I think I can manage the second coding you sent. It is very clear so I will try.

I simply want to move the log-in to the index.html page. So simple to do in html but I don't know php.

Cheers,

Gillian

Tank Wang, you are a wonderful teacher. The code worked perfectly and we now can have customers log-in without seeing the 'what's new' images before-hand. www.thecardstudioink.com

Thanks very much for your support and seeing this through with me. I read each bit of code that I was erasing/replacing in order to learn a bit more. I am going to take an on-line php course that another member suggested to me last week.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Gillian

Tank Wang, you are a wonderful teacher. The code worked perfectly and we now can have customers log-in without seeing the 'what's new' images before-hand. www.thecardstudioink.com

Thanks very much for your support and seeing this through with me. I read each bit of code that I was erasing/replacing in order to learn a bit more. I am going to take an on-line php course that another member suggested to me last week.

Thanks again,

Cheers,

Gillian

That's nothing. I think most of people would think so.If you would like to learn PHP, it is so great! :lol:

I recommend a good website for your study:http://www.php.net/

Enjoy PHP ;)

Everyone is a world.

That's nothing. I think most of people would think so.If you would like to learn PHP, it is so great! :lol:

I recommend a good website for your study:http://www.php.net/

Enjoy PHP ;)

Thanks, Tank, for sharing your time and experience! You've helped so much!

I bookmarked the php study site. Will begin this weekend.

Have a great day!

Cheers,

Gillian

• 4 months later...

Hmmmmmmmmmm, OK, in a quandry...have installed this contrib...everything is working, meaning that all my pages show up now, and it seems i have all the checkboxes avail...and i have my different groups...however all i see is the retail price...i have a dealer only site, therefore i dont have to worry about different users seeing the wrong price, because i set them up personally...however if i add a product and the retail price at 10 lets say, then i move down my groups, making sure they are checked off, and put in the prices accordingly...and then add the product, nothing screams at me saying that i didnt insert anything wrong, however when i test it with different accounts, they all show the retail pricing!!!! Help, my client is screaming for this, and i cannot figure this out.... >_< I am using 2.2-MS2

As well, something that confuses me, is that when i add a product, there are a series of text boxes to enter separate pricing into...fine, i enter it there, however nothing changes (still see retail price) and also, in the catalog area, there is an area to effect the group pricing, so i go in there, use - (minus) figures to bring the price down accordingly, save it, system says its saved, still nothing....whats the diff between these two steps, if any?

Thanks for your time.

Archived