• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Moving banners from the footer

Ian Lawther

I am trying to move the display of banners from the footer to a position higher on the page. I have worked out where teh original code is but whenever I try to place it elsewhere I seem to corrupt other stuff.

If I wanted it to appear in the header, below my own logo where would I have to put the code? If I only wanted it to appear on the index page, below my welcoming text where would I need to put the code? Any help gratefully received.....

Ian

www.bagpipediscs.com

If I wanted it to appear in the header, below my own logo where would I have to put the code?

In /includes/application_top.php find:

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr class="header">

<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>

<td> CODE FOR YOUR BANNER HERE</td>

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>

</tr>

</table>

(You have a different image name than in this example, and you'll have to figure out the alignment)

====================================

If I only wanted it to appear on the index page, below my welcoming text where would I need to put the code?

In your index.php file in your root folder:

Find:

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td> CODE FOR YOUR BANNER HERE</td>

</tr>

If I suggest you edit any file(s) make a backup first - I'm not perfect and neither are you.

"Given enough impetus a parallelogramatically shaped projectile can egress a circular orifice."

- Me -

"Headers already sent" - The definitive help

"Cannot redeclare ..." - How to find/fix it

SSL Implementation Help

Like this post? "Like" it again over there >

Archived