• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Removing Manufacturer info

Lizzy_b100

Hi

My shop does not use the manufacturer information but on the new products page it says Manufacturer: (and its obviously blank)

Also the advanced search has Manufacturer as a field. Is there some easy way to switch this whole manufacturer part off?

Thanks in advance

Liz

In includes/column_left.php

Delete or comment out line 27:

// include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');

In advanced_search.php

Lines 199 to 202 comment out or delete to prevent manufacturers option.

<!--   <tr>
		  <td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_MANUFACTURERS; ?></td>
		   <td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', tep_get_manufacturers(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS)))); ?></td>
	   </tr>   -->

• 5 weeks later...
In includes/column_left.php

Delete or comment out line 27:

// include(DIR_WS_BOXES . 'manufacturers.php');

In advanced_search.php

Lines 199 to 202 comment out or delete to prevent manufacturers option.

<!--   <tr>
		  <td class="fieldKey"><?php echo ENTRY_MANUFACTURERS; ?></td>
		   <td class="fieldValue"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', tep_get_manufacturers(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS)))); ?></td>
	   </tr>   -->

1) Deleting Line in colum.php WORKS PERFECT

2) I just cut/pasted your code to advance_search.php...and now i'm getting this "Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /mnt/w0401/d02/s39/b02b669c/www/carbomedical.com/testshop/catalog/advanced_search.php on line 176"

2) I just cut/pasted your code to advance_search.php...and now i'm getting this

"Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ',' or ';' in /mnt/w0401/d02/s39/b02b669c/www/carbomedical.com/testshop/catalog/advanced_search.php on line 176"

I am NOT a PHP expert, but I will try and help.

Commenting out/deleting (NOT paste) the <tr> in lines 199 to 202 should not cause a Syntax Error in line 176!

What the error is suggesting is that you have deleted a comma or semi-colon in line 176. Check the line with the original line and see what has happened.

The other way is to replace advance_search.php with your original copy and try the change again.

Archived