• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Google Checkout as the ONLY checkout option. Regular checkout button removal!

bilalshaikh

Hello everybody, Im just getting the finishing touchups done on my oscommerce installation. I wanted to have checkout run through GOOGLE CHECKOUT only. Is there a way to remove the normal checkout button, and place the GOOGLE CHECKOUT button in its place? I thought I could just make the image for the regular checkout button a 1x1 transparent image so users couldnt click on it, but i noticed that on top of the google checkout button that normally displays on the checkout screen there are the words "or use." This would be awkward if the google checkout button were the only checkout button available (which is essentially the essense of this option). Is there a way to edit out the words? Also, is there a way to move the google checkout button to where the normal checkout button is? Thanks.

This has been discussed before and the answers is No. Google Checkout is an alternative Checkout method not a payment method. Google Checkout button can not be placed anywhere within your normal checkout process. Also the Google Checkout Button is generated from Google through the code placed in your files. Do you remember uploading an image file? The button can not be altered in any way and all of this is per Google terms of conditions. In the future they will give you different button styles but as of now the only thing you can do is change the size and transparency. So the only place you can display the Google Checkout button is on your shopping cart page. If you place it anywhere else you run the risk of having your account suspended in the future when they start charging for Google Checkout. Hope that clears things up for you.

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.