• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Installation Problems

halstat

Hi: I am new to OS commerce and have been trying to set up the software on my hosting company web server. I initially tried the stable release 2.1 version. The documentation seemed scattered thru the .txt files in the zip archive and was very hard to follow. The I came across the OSdox project and downloaded the 46 page install instructions and tried that. Then I discovered that the OS dox install guide applied only to the 2.2 CVS version so I downloaded those files and proceeded to try that road since the documentation was a lot easier to follow and there was an install program. Everything went along fine until the database upload portion and here are the error messages I received. Can anyone help with this? I should mention that first I tried the "new install" option and when that didn't work I tried the upgrade route. Both times I received a message telling me that the OScommerce SQL file does not exist. I checked my site files and it is there.

osCommerce

Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

New Install

Step 1: Database Import

Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/catalog/install/includes/functions/general.php on line 47

The following error has occurred:

SQL file does not exist: /home/halsm/public_html/catalog/install/oscommerce.sql

osCommerce

Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

Upgrade

Step 1: Database Upgrade

Warning: Cannot set time limit in safe mode in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/catalog/install/includes/functions/general.php on line 47

* Address Book

* Banners

* Categories

* Configuration

* Currencies

* Customers

* Images

* Languages

* Manufacturers

* Orders

* Products

* Reviews

* Sessions

* Specials

* Taxes

* Whos Online

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/virtual/site92/fst/var/www/html/catalog/install/includes/functions/database.php on line 45

The database upgrade procedure was successful!

Hal

sitesnbytes.com

• 2 weeks later...

I got the same warning when I did my install. I never did figure it out.

I set up the database on my own and then once that was installed I installed version 2.2.

The problem was that even though it says the install was successful You will need to go into both config files.

admin/includes.config.php and

catalog/includes/config.php

At the bottom you need to fill in your database info.

Hope that helps.

TJ

Archived