• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Problem with Categories

gman562

I noticed that there are categories listed in my site that i have deleted from the catalogue, but they still show on the site. What can i do to remove them and start my catalogue all over again.

If you would like to see go to www.bonesnbearings.com/store

thanks for the help.

When you first go to the site you dont see any categories, because there aren't suppose to be any, but if you click on the home button, categories show up. how can i get rid of them? There are no categories or products in the admin set up.

This happens when you delete categories that have products inside that categorie. The proper way to delete items is to delete products first and then delete that categorie. If you don't you could get phantom products.

You will have to access your database and find those items and delete them from there.

Log into your hosted control panel and access the database in the same manner you set your database up. Most hosts are different so can't tell you exactly where.

You then log into you database and it will probably be phpmyadmin.

You then open your database by choosing the database name from the left hand dropdown menu ( if you have more than 1 database) and click.

Your tables names will show on the left hand side. Locate Categories and click on the little file on the left of the name. Delete the ones you no longer use.

Then drop down to Products and do the same for products you no longer use.

Backup your shop through Admin first so you can restore in you delete something you did not plan on deleting.

Log into your hosted control panel and access the database in the same manner you set your database up. Most hosts are different so can't tell you exactly where.

You then log into you database and it will probably be phpmyadmin.

You then open your database by choosing the database name from the left hand dropdown menu ( if you have more than 1 database) and click.

Your tables names will show on the left hand side. Locate Categories and click on the little file on the left of the name. Delete the ones you no longer use.

Then drop down to Products and do the same for products you no longer use.

Backup your shop through Admin first so you can restore in you delete something you did not plan on deleting.

ok i took a snapshot of my database, but not sure where or what im supposed to delete.

clipboard01vv8.jpg

could you please try and guide me. Thanks

Actually i see the little file image to the left of categories and i clicked in it and the same screen pops up. There are no values for categories.

i've clicked on other tables files and i get values coming up, just not for the categories.

what else could it be? should i just re-import the database and start over?

Archived