1) Process your orders manually

You decide whenever and whatever you charge

or

2) Make sure your stock checking is accurate

Customers that choose products marked out of stock can not

checkout

HTH

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Yep...

1) Process your orders manually

You decide whenever and whatever you charge

Kinda defeats the purpose of online credit card process though, doesn't it? Can we use the cart to process our cards?

2) Make sure your stock checking is accurate

Customers that choose products marked out of stock can not

checkout

Actually, I did just order an item that was not in-stock and payed for it and everything (credit card processed, and approved). Once I did, my inventory (in the admin area) was "-1". We want people to be able to reserve items, but only be charged once they are shipped.

Thanks.

Kinda defeats the purpose of online credit card process though, doesn't it? Can we use the cart to process our cards?

You can but you'll need to code it. It's not a stock osC feature.

Actually, I did just order an item that was not in-stock and payed for it and everything (credit card processed, and approved). Once I did, my inventory (in the admin area) was "-1". We want people to be able to reserve items, but only be charged once they are shipped

You can set wether you want them to be able to checkout while having not-in-stock products in the Admin. And you'll be out of business pretty soon if you only book people once you've send the goods out. Seems to me you will find quite a few cards coming back 'stolen' or 'refused' yet you've allready a) shipped it B) bought it from your supplier and now have one Widget in stock that was supposed to be going to a customer....

The average Widget will decrease about 30 percent in value each year.

But that's just my opinion, might be different for you.

Regards,

Mattice

"Politics is the art of preventing people from taking part in affairs which properly concern them"

Kinda defeats the purpose of online credit card process though, doesn't it?  Can we use the cart to process our cards?

Depending on your payment processor service, you may be able to set wether charges to the credit card are done realtime (when the order is made on the store) or at a later date via manual means (logging on to their website and flagging the orders to charge).

If your service does that, its best to set the module to just verify realtime, and to charge manually.

This way the credit card details is not stored on your server, but kept on their payment processor server (atleast until the charge has been made).

:heart:, osCommerce

Archived