• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Internal Service Error

bonn_bai

Hi there,

I made a one-line modification to index.php (my main page), which I deleted after seeing that it did not do as I expected. I deleted the line, saved it and then refreshed my page to see all the code splashed everywhere. Since I just got this site from someone else and had made no modifications at all, I uploaded the index.php file she sent me. I then got the following error:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at www.bebesling.com Port 80

So then I went and got the index.php file from the osCommerce install, and I'm still getting the same error message. I can't figure out what went wrong. I am new at this.

Basically I just want to get the site functioning again in its original state, the way I received it. There are no real products or anything to lose, but the site was completely designed and functioning. It had not been backed up, which I found out after this happened...of course, I should have done that to start out with right? Brain fart I guess but too late to go back.

Can anybody help me? Let me know what you need to see to help fix it. I really appreciate it. THANKS!!

Archived