• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Only show certain categories in the navigation menu

hrwitten

I'm new to the forum and osCommerce and need help separating the categories. I want to show certain categories in the navigation of one page and the other categories in the navigation of a second page. I'll access the 2 pages from a home page. I understand how the categories entered in the database show up in the navigation but how do I limit them to a certain set.

I'm new to the forum and osCommerce and need help separating the categories. I want to show certain categories in the navigation of one page and the other categories in the navigation of a second page. I'll access the 2 pages from a home page. I understand how the categories entered in the database show up in the navigation but how do I limit them to a certain set.

This will be a very big job and dont advise doing this unless absolutely neccesary.

This will be a very big job and dont advise doing this unless absolutely neccesary.

Unfortunately it is necessary. I thought about creating a second database with an index2.php page accessing it. I'm not sure if this is feasible but I think it would work with some duplication of files accessing the new db. My concern about this approach is whether it's possible to add a second db to the osCommerce admin so the database could be managed by the client.

Another solution I considered was setting up a second osCommerce and directing to the pages of each through links. This seems feasible but resource intensive and could result in a maintenance nightmare. It would allow the client to maintain the 2 database through 2 seperate admin sites, though.

I was hoping there might be some code that would easily identify certain categories and limit the navigation to those chosen.

Does any of this sound like it would work?

Archived