• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shopping cart is empty! after adding products

Hi all, Newbie here.

No matter what I add to my cart, all I get is a "Your shopping cart is empty message". I've tried all the previous posts on similar problems with no luck.

I have URL seo turned off, seem to have cookies paths OK ( as per other posts), sessions set to mysql......

Hoping someone can tell me what to do!

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, Newbie here.

No matter what I add to my cart, all I get is a "Your shopping cart is empty message". I've tried all the previous posts on similar problems with no luck.

I have URL seo turned off, seem to have cookies paths OK ( as per other posts), sessions set to mysql......

Hoping someone can tell me what to do!

Thanks in advance.

i am also having the exact same issue.

i am also having the exact same issue.

I have been told it is probably a register globals issue, and that I should install the contribution for this. Hmmm. For a newbie there are so many files under the register globals contributions. Which one do I use? I've read that is better to install the patch in new installs - My site is ready to go live except for this - will this cause problems when installing the patch? I haven't installed any other contributions, but will need to add a payment module or two later.

The MS2.2 RC1 Update also contains a register globals fix. Except in my case... the update makes my shopping cart empty when I try to add products from the products_info.php. Our issues are probably unrelated, but i was hoping for some pointers/direction. Mine is probably related to additional mods I made years ago.

Most likely your question has been answered, please do a search first.

I am also having the same problem with a clean install - anyone come up with an answer yet?

Check in the includes/configure.php file and try doing this - I had the same problem today and this is what fixed it for me.

define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');

I had a cookie set and by removing it the cart then worked - good luck :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am also having this problem, although it seems to be more of a Firefox problem than IE.

2 things:

1) My config file doesn't have? I am running MS2

2)

session recreate true change it to false and check.

Where is this found? I couldn't find it in the admin config settings.

Thanks

Hi All,

A new install finally fixed this problem for me. It turns out the osCommerce version I was using was quite old (supplied by my hosting service - thanks guys). The new install worked properly straight away.

Sorry, don't know enough to guarantee this will work for everyone.

Cheers,

Jim

I am also having this problem, although it seems to be more of a Firefox problem than IE.

2 things:

1) My config file doesn't have? I am running MS2

2)

Where is this found? I couldn't find it in the admin config settings.

Thanks

Anyone have any suggestions for me? It's really hurting our sales and conversion rate.

Archived