• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Getting the prices to say "Starting at $49.99"

WootCartoons

Hello,

All of my products require additional costs for personalization. So I don't want the prices to be misleading upfront and look like that's all that it costs. I would like for the products page to have "Starting at $49.99" or whatever the base price may be.

Is there a way to get this? How do I go about doing it/where do I put it??

Thanks so much!!

Hello,

All of my products require additional costs for personalization. So I don't want the prices to be misleading upfront and look like that's all that it costs. I would like for the products page to have "Starting at $49.99" or whatever the base price may be.

Is there a way to get this? How do I go about doing it/where do I put it??

Thanks so much!!

You can edit and add it in the file product_info.php

thanks! where at in this code where I put it though? I have looked, and tried a couple spots, but nothing happening....

Does it go somewhere in here?

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

} else {

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

}

If not around there, do you know what specifc area of the code, and how to enter it in? I'm not sure what type of command to use to get it to do that. I don't really know writing code all that well. I can tweak it, but that's it!!

thanks again!

Do you want all of your listings on the product info pages to say this?

Search the forum and contributions before posting. If that doesn't work, keep looking, then post. The forum is for seeking help and advice NOT for someone to do your work for you. Try to do something on your on, if you are going to run a shop then learn how it works.

thanks! where at in this code where I put it though? I have looked, and tried a couple spots, but nothing happening....

Does it go somewhere in here?

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';

} else {

$products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));

}

If not around there, do you know what specifc area of the code, and how to enter it in? I'm not sure what type of command to use to get it to do that. I don't really know writing code all that well. I can tweak it, but that's it!!

thanks again!

in product_info.php

change:

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top"><?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

To

<td class="pageHeading" align="right" valign="top">Starting at <?php echo $products_price; ?></td>

great that worked!! Thanks so much!

is there anyway to get it to say this on the index.php page as well. When they click on the category, and get the product list, I would like for it to say it somewhere in there to. Either in the heading column, where is says, product name, price, buy now. or on each of the listings where the actual price is. can this be done as well??

Archived