• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

truning off pricing in shopping cart

swbasics

Hi,

A friend asked me to help her with her site - she wants to turn off the pricing in the shopping cart - I've never used this program before and don't even know where to start to look. Any help would be much appreciated! :rolleyes:

Thanks bunches!!!!!

Rose

What do you mean by turn off pricing?

My friend has been informed by her distributor that prices need to be removed from her website. She can advertise the products and have her contact info listed but no prices with the products. She is no longer working with a web designer and asked if I was familiar with this program - unfortunately, I've not used it before. I did locate the area that contains the price for her products, and thought she could just delete the price from each product - but she has close to 100 products. I thought perhaps there was a 'function' that could be turned off and it would eliminate all pricing within the website.

Thanks for your help! :rolleyes:

Rose

My friend has been informed by her distributor that prices need to be removed from her website. She can advertise the products and have her contact info listed but no prices with the products. She is no longer working with a web designer and asked if I was familiar with this program - unfortunately, I've not used it before. I did locate the area that contains the price for her products, and thought she could just delete the price from each product - but she has close to 100 products. I thought perhaps there was a 'function' that could be turned off and it would eliminate all pricing within the website.

Thanks for your help! :rolleyes:

Rose

there is a contribution that allows you to show prices to logged in customers only - try searching for that int he contributions

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

there is a contribution that allows you to show prices to logged in customers only - try searching for that int he contributions

Thanks! You gave me just enough info to find what I 'think' I need - I'll test it when I have my friend on the phone - would hate to screw up her site w/o her watching! What I did find is located in the Configuration - Product Listing - Display Product - I believe if I change the "3" to a "0" it will remove the prices. I'll know more as soon as I test it with her on the phone.

Thanks bunches for your help!!! :rolleyes:

Rose

You can change that for sure, but the prices on 'New products' and various other places within the shop are still displayed, not to mention during the checkout process.

Oh and don't forget to backup your files and database before starting to make any changes.

You can change that for sure, but the prices on 'New products' and various other places within the shop are still displayed, not to mention during the checkout process.

Oh and don't forget to backup your files and database before starting to make any changes.

Thanks - we'll keep this in mind. Thanks too for the reminder to backup the files and database too.

:)

Archived