• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Pages showing same content

ade_waqar

For some reason unknown to me....My home page link and New products link shows the same page (i.e. latest product page)

Go to www.vmart.pk and you will see that its displaying the latest products there

Now go to http://www.vmart.pk/main/products_new.php and its also displaying the latest products just with a different name.

Why is that? I want my Home Page to be the page where i select a few featured products (Which i can change and update when i want to) and not display the latets products ....Is there anyway i can do that? I remember featured products as a part of the template but when my template loader handed me this version it didnt have a seperate featured products link....????

Also if you notice, clicking on home page will show you "Latest products" and new products will show you "New product" and specials will show you "Get them while theyre hot". I want the names of the pages to be displayed rather than these...for eg if someone goes to the specials page, the heading should say Specials,,,,

Im in a fix here so can anyone please help me? I would be reaLLy grateful...thanx a ton

I have a client that used that template before, it is built that way, it was a mess to rebuild that template for them. That is the problem with most template vendors, they don't let you see all the inside pages so you end up unhappy in the end having to rework it all anyway. And if I am correct that is a free template, so worse yet, no support at all!

Good Luck with it

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

you can do anything you want, just will be a lot of work, and that template is free

here is one place that has it for free, maybe where you got it modified it so they could sell it, but it is free, here is the link

"I must admit that I personally measure success in terms of the contributions an individual makes to her or his fellow human beings."

---Margaret Mead---

"The answer is never the answer. What's really interesting is the mystery. If you seek the mystery instead of the answer, you'll always be seeking. I've never seen anybody really find the answer -- they think they have, so they stop thinking. But the job is to seek mystery, evoke mystery, plant a garden in which strange plants grow and mysteries bloom. The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer.

--Ken Kesey"

Archived