• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to handle drop shipping charges

HeatherP

Hi, I have an OSCommerce store in which I utilize USPS shipping (weight based) to determine the shipping total per order. I am adding some drop shipped items to my store and I am trying to figure out how to apply a per item drop shipping charge on any drop shipped item is a part of a customer's order. I could just add the shipping amount directly to the price of the item but that puts my list prices higher than the manufacturer of the item I am selling which I want to avoid. If I could apply a per item charge for those items that are drop shipped and then have the rest of the items in the order be a part of the USPS shipping calculation (excluding those drop shipped items of course) I think that would work but I could not find a module out there that does just that. If anyone has ANY suggestions on how to handle this without having to write a bunch of custom code myself I would appreciate a response.

Thank you!

Heather

www.girlcharlee.com

Hi, I have an OSCommerce store in which I utilize USPS shipping (weight based) to determine the shipping total per order. I am adding some drop shipped items to my store and I am trying to figure out how to apply a per item drop shipping charge on any drop shipped item is a part of a customer's order. I could just add the shipping amount directly to the price of the item but that puts my list prices higher than the manufacturer of the item I am selling which I want to avoid. If I could apply a per item charge for those items that are drop shipped and then have the rest of the items in the order be a part of the USPS shipping calculation (excluding those drop shipped items of course) I think that would work but I could not find a module out there that does just that. If anyone has ANY suggestions on how to handle this without having to write a bunch of custom code myself I would appreciate a response.

Thank you!

Heather

www.girlcharlee.com

MVS

Archived