• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

store_logo.png

justedee

As usual I need this done yesterday.

I can't get the store logo to go all the way across the store.

I created the logo named it store_logo.png, made it 1. X 10.46 OR 96 X 1004 pxl, but it will not go the entire length.

(However the .jpg file I made will - and that's at the bottom of the page and looks stupid!)

Is there anywhere I can go in the programming that will allow me to change the size of the logo without having to change the name and recode 20 or so files?

The thing is I just did this to another site and it worked fine. I don't remember changing any of the coding. This is the 4th site I've built using OSC and the first time just changing the name of the image the original file hasn't worked like a charm.

Ya, I'm a chick and I program! What of it?

The logo is in the first of 2 cells <td> so for it to go across the page 100%, you need to remove that second cell. Of course that means removing the My Account, Cart Contents and Checkout clipart/links.

The other way is to set your logo or part of it, as a background image.

Oh DUH, I should have thought of that. Thank you. Yah, I already got rid of the Account, Cart Contents and Checkout clipart/links. WHY people put in clip art I'll never know, ugly horrid things.

Thank you - now to find the cells.

I may call on you again, Man Wonder. Again Many Thanks.

~e

The logo is in the first of 2 cells <td> so for it to go across the page 100%, you need to remove that second cell. Of course that means removing the My Account, Cart Contents and Checkout clipart/links.

Well, I tried to do the split image thing - no go.

I think removing the second cell would be easier and it really more of what I want, but I can't seem to do it.

Any hints or bits of code you could give me? I tried commenting out the lines, but it's doesn't seem to do anything.

Thank you,

~eDee

Better yet, could you point me to another post or a link that could tell me how. I know there is probably something around here but I may not be looking in the correct area. I'm still looking. ~eDee

Look in includes/header.php, if it hasn't been modified, you want the first <table>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
 <tr class="header">
<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>
<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>

Remove the cell, it will look like this

<tr class="header">
<td valign="middle"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', 'osCommerce') . '</a>'; ?></td>
 </tr>
</table>

The only difference being your store_logo.png and alt text, instead of oscommerce.gif and 'osCommerce' alt text.

Look in includes/header.php, if it hasn't been modified, you want the first <table>

<tr class="header">
<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a>  <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?>  </td>
 </tr>
</table>

Remove the cell, it will look like this

<tr class="header">
 </tr>
</table>

The only difference being your store_logo.png and alt text, instead of oscommerce.gif and 'osCommerce' alt text.

Just to make sure I'm on the right page (it's always iffy)

You want me to remove this:

<td align="right" valign="bottom"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_ACCOUNT, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_account.gif', HEADER_TITLE_MY_ACCOUNT) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHOPPING_CART) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_cart.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CART_CONTENTS) . '</a> <a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL') . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'header_checkout.gif', HEADER_TITLE_CHECKOUT) . '</a>'; ?> </td>

So I should only have this left:

<tr class="header">

</tr>

</table>

If so, I'm doing something wrong because I can't get it to work. Mmmmmm.

Any other suggestions or do I have it all wrong?

Should I edit any other text?

~eDee

NEVER MIND!

I always find the answer after I post the question

I did this:

<tr class="header">

<td align="center" valign="" width="100%"><?php echo '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'oscommerce.gif', STORE_NAME) . '</a>'; ?></td>

</tr>

</table>

Worked like a charm.

Thank you so much for your assistance. I couldn't have done it without you.

You are a God among programs, I raise my class to you.

~eDee

Archived