• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Change catalog url

awosforum

What do you mean by URL? is it in yoursite.com/catalog and you want it in yoursite.com? If so, move everything up one level and change the configure.php in both includes and admin/includes

What do you mean by URL? is it in yoursite.com/catalog and you want it in yoursite.com? If so, move everything up one level and change the configure.php in both includes and admin/includes

Presently I have it going to my home page at mysite.com and I want the catalog to open at my storefront page which is mysite.com/storefront.html. Can you give me detailed instructions on how to change that? I have tried adding storefront.html different ways in my config.php file, but the changes are not being made. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Presently I have it going to my home page at mysite.com and I want the catalog to open at my storefront page which is mysite.com/storefront.html. Can you give me detailed instructions on how to change that? I have tried adding storefront.html different ways in my config.php file, but the changes are not being made. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

You need to do a very simple change. It is called a Redirect.

In your .htaccess file, you need to place a redirect that automatically takes your visitors to yoursite.com/storefront.html when they enter yoursite.com in the browser's address bar.

The format is usually :

redirect 301 /storefront.html http://www.yoursite.com/storefront.html

Let me know if that works.

Amit

Archived